Favorite fly line for tossing indicators?

Lakedude

I got less than a year on a Rio Xtreme Indicator line. Ouch. Granted I'm pretty hard on lines, they always seem to be under foot in my boat. I'm ready to try another brand and I'm looking for recommendations.

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
SA Amplitude MPX has worked well for me. That said, I use new zealand/yarn indicators a lot, so probably not the guy to ask if you're talking about 3/4" air locks.... When I do use a bobber that isn't yarn, I'm using smallest air lock (flowing water) or tear dropped foam (chironomids). Line has performed well with all of these. Mends extremely well.
It is not a cheap line....worth it in my opinion.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
What ever rod I'm using at the moment. But in the winter I use a 6wt rod and in the summer I use a 4wt rod.

Buzzy

I have a similar problem in that my line always seems to be under my feet. I try to be cognizant of this issue and avoid twisting my feet while standing on the line but........ pooh happens. I've considered wearing a stripping basket since my line management skills aren't the best. Cortland 444.

Lakedude

Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

I have a similar problem in that my line always seems to be under my feet. I try to be cognizant of this issue and avoid twisting my feet while standing on the line but........ pooh happens. I've considered wearing a stripping basket since my line management skills aren't the best. Cortland 444.

Yeah, I try to be careful too, but there's not a whole lot of room to stand in my 8' pram. I also considered a stripping basket, but it seems like it would be awkward to sit down with it on. I mainly fish standing up, but occasionally fish sitting down, and also have to sit down while rowing. I don't want to be taking the thing on and off all day long.

Kilchis

WFF Supporter
Thanks for all the suggestions so far.

Yeah, I try to be careful too, but there's not a whole lot of room to stand in my 8' pram. I also considered a stripping basket, but it seems like it would be awkward to sit down with it on. I mainly fish standing up, but occasionally fish sitting down, and also have to sit down while rowing. I don't want to be taking the thing on and off all day long.
Can you put a big plastic bucket on the seat or the floor in front of you?

Lakedude

Can you put a big plastic bucket on the seat or the floor in front of you?
I considered that too and I may have to give it a try. On a typical day I'll cast in all directions from my standing position in the rear of the boat; at least if the line's in a bucket it won't be hooking around my feet as I'm pivoting around.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info