Headlamps

garyk

We are fortunate to be living in the Golden Age of headlamps.
My current usage is primarily setting up for waterfowl hunts in the dark hours.
The main feature that I lean toward these days is that the unit be USB rechargeable.

hookedonthefly

Mostly used for walking dogs in forest on most nights. All are over a year old +. The Fenix is my favorite but my wife doesn't like the battery pack on the strap on the back of her head. It doesn't bother me and I want to see.

1) Fenix with external battery pack 4-AA batteries - Not bad on battery consumption, brightest setting is like having a Q-beam
2) Princeton H2O 1m - 3-AAA - Good, Solid Headlamp
3) Lux Pro - not impressed
4) Black Diamond - not impressed

I carry the Princeton as a back-up. The old saying, If you have one you have none. If you have two, you have one..

Last edited:

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I got a head lamp from a member on this site, about 16 years ago or so. I pull them out if I can remember where I put them. It still turns on with the original batteries in it. I have a few other little toys that I play with every now and then.

When I lived in Washington State, I would play with my fly rods all year around. But since I'm old now I just drag them out when is warm and the sun is shining to play with them.

O. clarki

Santa brought me a Petzl Swift RL for Christmas, tho not sure what I did to deserve it :/
I love it and will never go back to standard battery powered headlamps. Easy to use, ridiculously bright, awesome reflective and fitted headband. They are pricey but this was gifted to me. I'm set for a long time with this one.
  • Light output: 900 lumens (ANSI FL 1 STANDARD)
  • Weight: 100 g
  • Technology: REACTIVE LIGHTING® or STANDARD LIGHTING
  • Beam pattern: mixed
  • Energy: 2350 mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (included)
  • Charging time: 6 hrs (USB)
  • Watertightness: IPX4 (weather-resistant)
  • Certification(s): CE

hookedonthefly

Santa brought me a Petzl Swift RL for Christmas, tho not sure what I did to deserve it :/
I love it and will never go back to standard battery powered headlamps. Easy to use, ridiculously bright, awesome reflective and fitted headband. They are pricey but this was gifted to me. I'm set for a long time with this one.
  • Light output: 900 lumens (ANSI FL 1 STANDARD)
  • Weight: 100 g
  • Technology: REACTIVE LIGHTING® or STANDARD LIGHTING
  • Beam pattern: mixed
  • Energy: 2350 mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (included)
  • Charging time: 6 hrs (USB)
  • Watertightness: IPX4 (weather-resistant)
  • Certification(s): CE
I’m gonna order one. Cool. Last Christmas gift card. Always lookin’ for night light gear as it gets dark really early around here. 2 of 5 I have are, shall we say, not great.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
More serious...
2 - for dog walking
2 - one lives in each vehicle
1 is a cheap plasti-fantastic that was on sale
One more will be Cool.
I have three, all cheapies. One for work, one in my fishing truck for my friend who forgets his, and the original in my sling pack.

I refuse to count rods and lines just on general pricipal...

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info