Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
21K views 314 replies 50 participants last post by  Porter 
#1 ·
This thread is here so DimeBright has a place to post about his team without clogging up the Seahawks! I’ll start it out.

Long live Roman Gabriel! Now there was a great Ram.

#287 ·
Got a chuckle this morning reading the article about Russell Wilson being tired of getting "hit too much." I was one of those who thought Seattle just didn't have a strong enough offensive line to provide Wilson with good pass protection. Then this last season I paid more attention to how long Wilson hangs on to the ball. Most quarterbacks hand off or pass within 3 seconds, often less. Wilson is noted for being able to extend plays, which he does by hanging onto the ball, looking for a well covered receiver to get open, and all the while running for his life. I think I figured out that no matter how good the offensive line is, they can only provide protection for a few seconds, like 3, maybe 4 occasionally. But defenders will inevitably break through; that's just how it is. And any QB who hangs onto the ball the way Wilson does is going to sooner or later get chased down and get his ass slammed to the turf. It's almost like the laws of physics at work.

During the Superbowl I found myself thinking that Mahomes looked a lot like RW at times. His receivers were covered real tight, nobody could get open for a pass, and Mahomes was running around trying to save his ass and get a pass off before eventually getting it slammed to the ground.

I'm far from a good student of the game, and maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like a play clock thing to me. If the QB can't get a pass off in 3 seconds, it's a steadily diminishing probability that the play is going to turn out well for the offensive team.

#289 ·
The Jets? LOL. If this story is true, that is very telling - it isn't just about competing. Seems he is willing to go to a garbage organization as long as it's in a major market where he can build his brand and be a bigger celebrity. Not a good look. Is our formerly-humble superstar going full A-Rod on us?

He'd do very well in NO with Sean Payton. That said, I don't think a trade will happen. His price tag and the cap hit are too much.

#291 ·
This is one of the few situations where I can say that having "hands off" ownership may be a bad thing. I think if Paul Allen were here still, there would be serious talks about Pete Carroll's future. Russ is more valuable to the franchise, is harder to replace, and has many more valuable years left than Carroll.

I've been a Carroll critic for a long time, so maybe I'm biased... but if it's a choice between Carroll and Wilson, I think most experts would say "stick with your hall of fame level franchise quarterback."

#295 ·
If the price is right....

And there is something to it. Like told before, these type of so called rumors are started by one party or another. From what has been stated. Schneider admitted that 3 first round draft picks will start a conversation and RW3, who has a no trade clause, is willing to be dealt to 4 teams (mentioned above). There is frustration on some level and the hawk camp is not a happy camp right now. PC wanting to re-establish the run and RW3 who wants to be like Brees, AR, Mahomes, etc. RW3 is like those qbs but the numbers in a run dominated offense will prevent him from being viewed by the media and fans as equal. Imagine him playing for Gruden. That is MVP seasons with outstanding stats plus deep playoff runs imho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.