NFR Covid Vaccines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Non fishing related.
Mods, please feel free to take this down if inappropriate.

I’m hoping this thread stays civil and people find this information helpful.
Feel free to add to it or correct anything I’ve posted.
This is for Washington State. I’m sure other states have similar sites with vaccine information.

Some might already know is, but if not this might be helpful.
You can answer these questions and the state will email or text you when you are eligible for Covid vaccination.

You can look up which locations in your county are doing vaccinations at this site.
The DOH website has been super sluggish, which is likely due to volume.

SF

Last edited:

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
If you are a part of a medical group e.g. UW, Swedish, Providence, Overlake, etc.; I would recommend you log on with your account and schedule on-line if possible. That is lots better than waiting for a call-back or hanging on waiting for someone on the other end of the line.

I did this Monday (1/18) and have appointment this Wednesday (1/20).

Last edited:

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
If you are a part of a medical group e.g. UW, Swedish, Providence, Overlake, etc.; I would recommend you log on with your account and schedule on-line if possible. That is lots better than waiting for a call-back or hanging on waiting for someone on the other end of the line.
We get our care through UW medical group. Like RCF said, go to your account and log in to get an appointment.

Wife and I have appointments for our 1st vaccine this Saturday.

Last edited:

gt

thanks to the First Nation Jamestown S'Klallam group, my wife and i got our first dose of the Moderna vaccine this morning. These folks live in my community, Sequim, and continue to invest for the benefit of all of us. From the start, when their leader refused to sign the point-no-point 'treaty' they have been an integral part of this community, we are very fortunate.

if you chose to visit the mentioned website, you won't find much to guide you to a vaccine site. i tried it just to see what it would suggest. perhaps you will have better luck.

Greg Armstrong

WFF Supporter
thanks to the First Nation Jamestown S'Klallam group, my wife and i got our first dose of the Moderna vaccine this morning. These folks live in my community, Sequim, and continue to invest for the benefit of all of us. From the start, when their leader refused to sign the point-no-point 'treaty' they have been an integral part of this community, we are very fortunate.

if you chose to visit the mentioned website, you won't find much to guide you to a vaccine site. i tried it just to see what it would suggest. perhaps you will have better luck.
No "luck" involved.

Just go to the website, log in to your "account", go to "appointments", choose "Covid vaccine" then make the appointment. It was easy.

Last edited:

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler

I did this Monday (1/18) and have appointment this Wednesday (1/20).

Good info and thanks for posting that.
Unfortunately for me, I don’t have those options.
Based on my age, I’ll be playing the waiting game.
SF

Last edited:

GAT

Dumbfounded
You guys are in a better position for the vaccine then we are in Oregon. Our governor has decided that after medical workers, it is more important to give the vaccine to teachers than those 65 and older. She wants the schools to reopen no matter what.

There, of course was an uproar from those most likely to die from covid, older folks, so at first she changed her mind and decided to include those over 65 …. then, what do you know, the feds figured they had more vaccine then they really do so she dumped the over 65 group and went back to vaccination for teachers instead.

So, at this point, unless we are a medical worker or teacher, we over the age of 65 in Oregon have no idea when we'll ever see a shot.

Not exactly good news when the pandemic is sky rocketing...

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
Funny seeing this thread earlier, I guess it's that time finally. I just got an email that they will be offering vaccines to college staff at the cc, and I meet tier 1b2b criteria for a vaccine after Feb. 1. I'm on board.

MGTom

Living at the place of many waters
WFF Supporter
My wife and I filled out the phase questions showing we were eligible and printed the document last night. Went online to our health care provider (Kaiser Permanente) right after that and got appointment for our first shot this Saturday and next shot in 3 weeks. You might try if you have Kaiser
Thanks Denny, just called Mom and she said Kaiser just sent her a notice with all the information she needed. We're excited.

Buzzy

Thanks to @Jim Ficklin's phone call yesterday and a timely text this morning from @Stonefish my wife and I are authorized and signed up; we don't have a date but light at the end of the tunnel. In the meantime, not time to relax our standards for social distancing, washing hands, avoiding crowds, being extra careful, wearing masks when near folks.

Last edited:

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
10,000 people have scheduled their vaccine shot at the UW since the change in COVID-19 immunization categories. Starbucks and Microsoft are supporting the rollout with logistics, tracking of immunizations and a mass vaccination site. We are fortunate to have them supporting Washington state rollout.

Mark Yoshida

My wife and I filled out the phase questions showing we were eligible and printed the document last night. Went online to our health care provider (Kaiser Permanente) right after that and got appointment for our first shot this Saturday and next shot in 3 weeks. You might try if you have Kaiser
Took me 4 hrs of repeatedly getting kicked out and logging in due to the number of people doing the same thing. Now Kaiser is down for maintenance, but I got mine set for 1/30/21 if they still have any left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts