NFR Covid Vaccines

up2nogood

Once the line started moving at the Fairgrounds, 11 minutes and I was in the 15 minute waiting lot. Injection site was a little sore during round 1, but nothing this time. Hopefully it stays that way. Once the Fairgrounds became appointment only, it has been a very smooth process. Kudos to those who coordinated locally and a big thank you to the military personnel who handled the vaccination process. Well done!

Same here in Utah, in the county I live in they are doing them at the fairgrounds. Very impressive, IMO they are the model for the way it should be done. From start to finish, with the 15 minute wait period after, it was no longer then 20-25 minutes. No real waiting in line. Never having to even get out of the car. No idea how other states or county's are doing it ,but their website was very easy to maneuver ,and make the appointments .

I have had my two shots now, my wife being just under 70, they started last week on 65-69, she has had her first ,and is scheduled for her second in the 21 day time frame.

Charles Sullivan

I wouldn't call what I went through yesterday easy. Possible, yes, but not easy.
It sure was easier than not being able to get it. If we had enough vaccine all those places that you have to check and don't have it would have it and it would be relatively easy. In a month or so there should be significantly more vaccine being delivered. I suspect getting it will become much easier.
Whatcom had like 1,500 or 2,000 doses delivered. Getting those doses is not going to be easy. You have to track down who has them and sign up before others do. We have 220,000 people. Now if we were delivered 10,000 doses it would be easier. More places would have the doses.
Add to this the attempt to vaccinate equitably and it's impossible on the local level. Poor people just have a harder time doing anything. The real awful part of this is that the really old people struggle the worst and they are the ones eligible first when the availability has been low.
Easiest thing would be mass vaccination events but it would be inequitable as all hell.

Go Sox,
cds

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Looks like the J and J vaccine will get EUA on Friday -

Overall, the data looks very good, though efficacy (approximately 66% overall) not quite up to the mRNA vaccines, but it should keep you out of the hospital, with 2 cases out of 19514 in the active vaccine group versus 14 out of 19544 for placebo after 14 days of vaccination and no cases after 28 days versus versus 7 in placebo. There were no COVID-19-related deaths in the active vaccine group versus 7 COVID-19-related deaths in the placebo group.

Safety data overall also looks pretty good - 7 serious adverse events in the active vaccine group, versus 3 in the placebo; however, 1 SAE was Grade 4 (life-threatening) Guillain-Barre syndrome (to put in context, 1 case out of 21,895 (0.005%).

Cheers

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
It sure was easier than not being able to get it. If we had enough vaccine all those places that you have to check and don't have it would have it and it would be relatively easy. In a month or so there should be significantly more vaccine being delivered. I suspect getting it will become much easier.
Whatcom had like 1,500 or 2,000 doses delivered. Getting those doses is not going to be easy. You have to track down who has them and sign up before others do. We have 220,000 people. Now if we were delivered 10,000 doses it would be easier. More places would have the doses.
Add to this the attempt to vaccinate equitably and it's impossible on the local level. Poor people just have a harder time doing anything. The real awful part of this is that the really old people struggle the worst and they are the ones eligible first when the availability has been low.
Easiest thing would be mass vaccination events but it would be inequitable as all hell.

Go Sox,
cds

Maybe this has been posted before but I don’t recall seeing it.
Does anyone know how they come up with allotments for distributing the vaccine per county?
Is it based on population or some other formula?

Thanks for any input folks can provide.
SF

up2nogood

It truly is amazing how much easier it is to get vaccinated when the vaccines arrive.

Go Sox,
cds
I don't know about amazing, but if they have them ,there is no reason why it shouldn't be easy .From what I am hearing ,and reading some could certainly take lessons from the county I live in here in Utah.

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
Maybe this has been posted before but I don’t recall seeing it.
Does anyone know how they come up with allotments for distributing the vaccine per county?
Is it based on population or some other formula?

Thanks for any input folks can provide.
SF

This should help some:

which states:

" Allocation process explained

We’ve received a lot of questions recently regarding the state’s allocation process. This week, DOH allocated 19% of vaccine to community health centers, federally qualified health centers, local health jurisdictions and private practitioners, 23% to hospitals, 36% to mass vaccination sites, 19% to pharmacies, and 3% to tribes and Urban Indian Health Programs. State allocations of vaccines go to sites that are locally run, as well as the mass vaccination sites.

Each week, the state allocates vaccine from our limited supply to enrolled providers through a multi-step process that starts Saturday and is completed by Thursday night to meet the CDC’s Friday morning ordering deadline. Enrolled providers place their requests through the state’s Immunization Information System (WAIIS) and DOH gathers information from Local Health Jurisdictions to help determine their priorities of where vaccine should go. Decisions are made based on several factors: proportional population of those eligible in the county, data from providers, provider’s current inventory and documented throughput, equity, and access at all provider types (hospitals, pharmacies, mass vaccination sites, and clinics). "

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
This should help some:

which states:

" Allocation process explained

We’ve received a lot of questions recently regarding the state’s allocation process. This week, DOH allocated 19% of vaccine to community health centers, federally qualified health centers, local health jurisdictions and private practitioners, 23% to hospitals, 36% to mass vaccination sites, 19% to pharmacies, and 3% to tribes and Urban Indian Health Programs. State allocations of vaccines go to sites that are locally run, as well as the mass vaccination sites.

Each week, the state allocates vaccine from our limited supply to enrolled providers through a multi-step process that starts Saturday and is completed by Thursday night to meet the CDC’s Friday morning ordering deadline. Enrolled providers place their requests through the state’s Immunization Information System (WAIIS) and DOH gathers information from Local Health Jurisdictions to help determine their priorities of where vaccine should go. Decisions are made based on several factors: proportional population of those eligible in the county, data from providers, provider’s current inventory and documented throughput, equity, and access at all provider types (hospitals, pharmacies, mass vaccination sites, and clinics). "

Thank you.
SF

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
Yesterday I received a confirmation text for my 2nd dose 10:30 appt. today at the Safeway in Lynden Wa.
I arrived on time and was told they have no doses.
The pharmacy tech asked "didn't you get the email?"
"No I didn't get the email but yesterday I got the text confirming my appt. for today"
I was disappointed to say the least.
I know about the delays due to the weather but having not been notified was
exasperating.
So now they say maybe tomorrow and I'm on call for my second dose.
The way the distribution of vaccine has been going maybe tomorrow could mean maybe not and maybe in 2 weeks if your lucky.:(
I have the Moderna first dose and 2 weeks to get 2nd dose and have it be effective.
I guess I better stick close to home and not plan to fish for a couple weeks.

Last edited:

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
It sure was easier than not being able to get it.
Hey, don't be Captain Obvious!
Let's get a bunch of people 65 and older to stand around in the dark, misty, 36 degree weather with their walkers and canes for two hours with no toilet facilities. Then when the doors open tell them that the vaccine is not here but at the other facility and somebody goofed up the online info. Here's your information packet and registration papers. Sorry they're in a language you can't read. So now you get to drive over to the other facility in the afternoon, (if you have a car) find someone to give you some papers in English to fill out and get in another line. Luckily for me I got to stand inside shoulder to shoulder with a couple dozen other people, because I had an "appointment" instead of outside in the hail storm like some of the others. Then, and only then did I get my 15 second procedure. I'm just hoping I didn't get infected trying to get it.

I'm sure that when it's your turn Charles they'll be a little better at it. Maybe they won't even stick you in a crowded hallway shoulder to shoulder for 30 minutes with complete strangers who may or may not be infected.

But suffice it to say that for me and those around me yesterday it was not easy. And supply was not the problem or the answer.

Old406Kid

Just looked at covidwa.com and it is showing a number of places where vaccines are available. Looks like vaccines are flowing into the state. If you qualify keep a lookout because 2 weeks of vaccine just arrived...

Good luck and stay safe.
RCF, thanks for posting this link. I went thru the process this morning for the umpteenth time and was finally able to secure an appt.
I get my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine this afternoon.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Mrs. Salmo and I went to Yelm this morning and got poked in the arm. Dealing with the clinic is way easy. What bugs me is that the internet sites, especially WA DOH, are practically as useless as tits on a boar for locating and scheduling an appointment. And the fvcking commercials on TV and radio that say how easy it is, when in fact it's barely functional, somebody should go to jail for that kind of stupidity.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts