NFR Covid Vaccines

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanderingrichard

Well some of the side effects abated, but not all of them. I sort of figured it'd be a bit rough given I had low level effects from the first shot, and most don't.
Still...it's not bad enough to not work, but definitely an off day again, sort of like getting worked over by a boxer after a night of heavy drinking, then getting in a car wreck on the way home.
Lol

I'd still get the shot even if I knew I'd be beat up like a train hit me for a day or 2 after getting one.

:)
How long has it been since the shot? For me, even after the major discomforting side effects within the 1st 2 days, I was still somewhat sore for the rest of the week.... again, that's just me, but I think others here had similar experiences

cdnred

Just received my first Pfizer shot a couple of hours ago today, no ill side efects noticed yet but might still be too early to know for sure. Was told I'll be getting my second Pfizer in 16 weeks..!! When my wife got her's, when Pfizer first came out she only had to wait 6 weeks. Must be the demand on supply here in Canada causing this delay to jump to 16 weeks..

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
Just received my first Pfizer shot a couple of hours ago today, no ill side efects noticed yet but might still be too early to know for sure. Was told I'll be getting my second Pfizer in 16 weeks..!! When my wife got her's, when Pfizer first came out she only had to wait 6 weeks. Must be the demand on supply here in Canada causing this delay to jump to 16 weeks..
My recollection is that there shouldn’t be any reduced efficacy when you are fully vaccinated after waiting that long. It’s a bummer to not have full protection, but just one dose of the Pfizer vaccine was approximately 85% effective.

cdnred

My recollection is that there shouldn’t be any reduced efficacy when you are fully vaccinated after waiting that long. It’s a bummer to not have full protection, but just one dose of the Pfizer vaccine was approximately 85% effective.
Thanks for the update Matt, much appreciated..

doublebluff

Go Beavs
With the incredible persistence of this virus here and around the world, I bet we will all need some type of regular booster. Those of you in the know- are there any data from the clinical trials suggesting how long protection lasts in fully vaccinated people? Some of the people in the Pfizer/Moderna trial have probably been vaccinated for a year or so.

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
With the incredible persistence of this virus here and around the world, I bet we will all need some type of regular booster. Those of you in the know- are there any data from the clinical trials suggesting how long protection lasts in fully vaccinated people? Some of the people in the Pfizer/Moderna trial have probably been vaccinated for a year or so.
We have enough data to say protection lasts at least 6 months. Not sure when or if a booster will be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts