NFR Covid Vaccines

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirefire

....Biden is not sending mixed messages and he is in line with CDC guidance, as has been previously posted....
He wears a mask, while alone, on a virtual meeting?
He wears a mask outside alone?
He wears no mask while indoors with elderly ex-president/first lady??
He wears a mask outdoors with relatively young elected officials, all of whom are vaccinated?

Those seem like mixed messages, or at a minimum, setting a weird public example

wanderingrichard

So is it gonna take a generation or 2 to get past this pandemic? The non vaxxers eventually die from old age and their off spring decide to get the shot?
At the 99.97% survival rate...its gonna be decades before the anti vaxxers are no longer a global issue.
Think about it. The Spanish flu never really went away, in fact it flared up briefly on '34-36.
Maybe I'm wrong in this, bit it looks like the much ballyhoo'd Herd Immunity actually just might take a few generations to become reality.

When all this started, I read up on the 1918 pandemic. The modern parallels are uncanny. And, for some of the same stupid reasons.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Those seem like mixed messages, or at a minimum, setting a weird public example

In August 2020, opining on masks: "Maybe they’re great, and maybe they’re just good. Maybe they’re not so good.”

"We get tested -- I'm tested. I have people tested. When people come into the Oval Office, it's like a big deal. No matter who they are -- if they're heads of countries, they all get tested. So I'm in sort of a different position. And maybe if I wasn't in that position, I'd be wearing it more,"

On possible treatments he imagined:

"I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too... So, we'll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute - that's pretty powerful."

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

On hydroxychloroquine: “I feel good about it. That’s all it is. Just a feeling,” he said. “You know, I'm a smart guy. I feel good about it. And we're going to see. You're going to see soon enough.”

You really want to talk about weird public examples? I would much rather the current guy be cautious and set the example he is setting than the Previous Guy, who set nothing but a horrible example and was responsible for numerous super spreading events.

The point is, you don't know who you are meeting, who they have met, and who they will meet next, it is still prudent to wear a mask. I'm unclear as to what the problem is that you are seeing.

cheers

tirefire

You really want to talk about weird public examples? I would much rather the current guy be cautious and set the example he is setting than the Previous Guy, who set nothing but a horrible example and was responsible for numerous super spreading events.

The point is, you don't know who you are meeting, who they have met, and who they will meet next, it is still prudent to wear a mask. I'm unclear as to what the problem is that you are seeing.

cheers

I have no interest in defending the former or current president. Both of them are divisive and I don't support either, although I hoped for and continue to hope for overall success in keeping this country true to it's founding principles.

Cautiously unmasked with the Carters? Cautiously masked all alone? Great call, seems logical. As far as not knowing who met whom, if that makes you worried, I feel sorry for you.

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
I am likely wasting my time with you, because you clearly don't read or take in information that doesn't fit you narrative

My narrative...that Americans are growing more skeptical of the "experts" and Biden sending mixed messages is not helping? Sure, I'll own that.

On a side note, a couple of days after Biden's interview 50,000 unmasked derby fans gathered. I'm guessing they weren't too concerned about the latest CDC guidelines or Biden telling us it is our patriotic duty to wear a mask outside even if we've been vaccinated. Oof.
JSDFwlvf_o.gif

kentucky-derby-2021.jpg

Americans really are a stubborn bunch.

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
I have no interest in defending the former or current president. Both of them are divisive and I don't support either, although I hoped for and continue to hope for overall success in keeping this country true to it's founding principles.

Cautiously unmasked with the Carters? Cautiously masked all alone? Great call, seems logical. As far as not knowing who met whom, if that makes you worried, I feel sorry for you.

Not sure why you need to feel sorry for me, I'm not in the least worried about me, I am worried for my family and my neighbors. I in no way want to unwittingly infect anyone. I will continue to take appropriate precautions until we reach a background level of infection that is no longer a danger to my community. I can only hope others do the same, but I can only control what I do.

Cheers

Last edited:

wanderingrichard

If that were true, it would be a good point - but it's not true.
@Matt Paluch Exactly.

@tirefire: real easy, it swept through major population centers like a fire through California hitting the elderly and those already with weakened immune systems . Then it spread. Sound familiar?

When public health officials started pushing for reasonable deterrents and measures, City and Govt officials , as well as newspaper owners and church leaders, pooh poohed them , saying it was only because of "bad air". Sound familiar?

In general, especially in Boston and New York, men and boys refused to wear masks because " it diminishes our manhood." That sound familiar, too?

Hygiene practices of the day were appalling. One bath a week, ususlly cold water, soap only if you could afford it. Multiple families living in hovels designed for 1-3 people, many of them sleeping on beds infected with lice and other parasites.

We've come a very very long way from that last paragraph. Yet, during this past 14 + months, the utter fallacy and nonsense of the other two paragraphs persisted in an era where we teach in 4th grade health exactly how diseases are caused, and transmitted , and how to take measures to prevent them.

That, sir, is the sign a regressive society at work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts