NFR Covid Vaccines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creatch'r

Hesitant Member
Just wanted to report the vaccines are working great, we turned up two positives on the ship yesterday, we test everyone twice weekly to keep tabs and what do you know, two engine mechanics have the contagion. One had JJ one had moderna, who had it first is a mystery but someone surely past it to the other despite their software upgrades. Testing everyone daily for the next ten days to see who else is cooking up the crud. No COvid protocol in the handbook for what to do with an outbreak on a fully vaccinated crew so this is new territory, seems awfully similar to every other month of this pandemic thus far.

Matt Paluch

WFF Supporter
facts are facts. they care not if you believe them.
Facts are facts, and your statement isn't true. On a personal note, a student in my 4th graders class lost a healthy parent to this virus. Maybe you plan on telling that kid that their parent was already gravely ill. I'm sure that would help.

Steelhead ©

BECU Member
WFF Supporter
In August 2020, opining on masks: "Maybe they’re great, and maybe they’re just good. Maybe they’re not so good.”

"We get tested -- I'm tested. I have people tested. When people come into the Oval Office, it's like a big deal. No matter who they are -- if they're heads of countries, they all get tested. So I'm in sort of a different position. And maybe if I wasn't in that position, I'd be wearing it more,"

On possible treatments he imagined:

"I said supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way. And I think you said you're going to test that too... So, we'll see, but the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute - that's pretty powerful."

"I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs."

On hydroxychloroquine: “I feel good about it. That’s all it is. Just a feeling,” he said. “You know, I'm a smart guy. I feel good about it. And we're going to see. You're going to see soon enough.”

You really want to talk about weird public examples? I would much rather the current guy be cautious and set the example he is setting than the Previous Guy, who set nothing but a horrible example and was responsible for numerous super spreading events.

The point is, you don't know who you are meeting, who they have met, and who they will meet next, it is still prudent to wear a mask. I'm unclear as to what the problem is that you are seeing.

cheers
Don’t forget Mr. Hydroxichorinque got vaccinated in secret in January.

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
On the bright side, if we are good little boys and girls, we MIGHT be able to have an outdoor cookout July 4th!

np_file_79999.jpeg

creekx

Director of Stoke
Swimmy has killed the thread. Solid job. Thanks man.

Go Sox,
cds
Because he dared challenge the dogma of the Branch Covidians? This thread has been largely helpful, but some of you just can’t help but inject your political vitriol into the conversation. The usual suspects every damn time. Don’t interpret the lack of rebuttals as agreement. Some of us have better things to do than be keyboard warriors. Own it.

Rocking Chair Fan

No more hot spotting
Just wanted to report the vaccines are working great, we turned up two positives on the ship yesterday, we test everyone twice weekly to keep tabs and what do you know, two engine mechanics have the contagion. One had JJ one had moderna, who had it first is a mystery but someone surely past it to the other despite their software upgrades. Testing everyone daily for the next ten days to see who else is cooking up the crud. No COvid protocol in the handbook for what to do with an outbreak on a fully vaccinated crew so this is new territory, seems awfully similar to every other month of this pandemic thus far.

It is great you are watching out for everyone on board.

Do you know when they got their first shot and second shot in the case of Moderna? Has 2+ weeks passed since then? I have read that to be fully vaccinated it is 2+ weeks after the last shot. So exposure before the vaccine takes full effect can result in people getting Covid if exposed. I assume you have reported it via Vsafe and/or your health professional:

Best wishes to all on board!

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
Because he dared challenge the dogma of the Branch Covidians? This thread has been largely helpful, but some of you just can’t help but inject your political vitriol into the conversation. The usual suspects every damn time. Don’t interpret the lack of rebuttals as agreement. Some of us have better things to do than be keyboard warriors. Own it.

For what it is worth, I think it's good to have people of different viewpoints talking about things like this. It doesn't happen enough, IMO.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
It kind of seems this thread has run its course.
I think it’s time to shut it down.

The initial purpose of the thread was to be able to help people that wanted the vaccine to locate where they could get it, since supplies and appointments were scarce.
There is a good supply and lots of appointments now for those who wish to get vaccinated.

I’m personally tired of all the Covid bullshit after 14 months.
It seems people have made up their minds on Covid and the vaccines.
I’m not going to try and convince someone to get the vaccine or not or if they are good or not.
Thanks for everyones input and good luck with whatever decisions you make.
SF

Last edited:

wanderingrichard

By chance, do you have any type of surge berthing where you could isolate the two patients?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info