Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Covid Vaccines

NFR 
58K views 1K replies 144 participants last post by  wanderingrichard 
#1 · (Edited)
Non fishing related.
Mods, please feel free to take this down if inappropriate.

I'm hoping this thread stays civil and people find this information helpful.
Feel free to add to it or correct anything I've posted.
This is for Washington State. I'm sure other states have similar sites with vaccine information.

Some might already know is, but if not this might be helpful.
You can answer these questions and the state will email or text you when you are eligible for Covid vaccination.

You can look up which locations in your county are doing vaccinations at this site.
The DOH website has been super sluggish, which is likely due to volume.

SF

See less See more
#180 ·
Mrs. Salmo and I went to Yelm this morning and got poked in the arm. Dealing with the clinic is way easy. What bugs me is that the internet sites, especially WA DOH, are practically as useless as tits on a boar for locating and scheduling an appointment. And the fvcking commercials on TV and radio that say how easy it is, when in fact it's barely functional, somebody should go to jail for that kind of stupidity.

#181 · (Edited)
Mrs Brian had some significant side effects about 30 minutes after her 1st Pfizer dose that she had to be treated for :( . Be safe y'all.

#183 ·
Thank You! Yes an allergic reaction but got Urgent Care treatment on the way home. She's still dealing with some symptoms but we're so relieved she is doing better now. Going to see her Doc tomorrow for a follow-up. We are truly Thankful we've been able to stay healthy, but it's a letdown after a year living through this pandemic when you think you're finally getting an upper hand on it.

#185 ·
I got my second Moderna shot at the UW on Thursday. Went very quickly and smoothly. Just a sore spot where I was injected. The UW is improving their processes to really ramp up the number of shots provided on a daily basis.

According to www.covidwa.com lots more places to get the vaccination today including Costco, Rite-Aid, Safeway, VA, and various hospitals...

Good luck and stay safe.

#192 ·
My lovely and I both got the Pfizer jab last Wed. I had very mild side effects lovely had none.
I always have a reaction to the senior super flu shot when I get it so I was pleasantly surprised that I had no trouble with this one. (I know that this is a very different shot than the flu shot)
I'll be glad when we get our 2nd. In Oregon where we live there are a lot of Covid deniers so I never feel safe when we're out and about

#193 ·
#195 ·
I have wondered about the folks who have a bad reaction to the shot, especially the second shot.

Maybe this has been discussed. But Is there any study that shows that what might be going on with vaccines and who gets sick and who does not (aside from differing immune systems) is that maybe folks had asymptomatic Covid in the past year and never knew it and recovered. And these are the folks getting sick with the vaccine. And those who never contracted the virus did okay and did not get sick from the vaccine. Or is it the other way around?

The only reason my sister in law found out was that her son wouldn’t travel over the pass to the East side for the holidays unless she and his dad got a Covid test. They complied and got the test and were shocked to find out that it came back positive.

Neither one had felt ill, except fatigue, but who doesn’t have that in their late 60’s, early 70’s?

#196 · (Edited)
I have wondered about the folks who have a bad reaction to the shot, especially the second shot.

Maybe this has been discussed. But Is there any study that shows that what might be going on with vaccines and who gets sick and who does not (aside from differing immune systems) is that maybe folks had asymptomatic Covid in the past year and never knew it and recovered. And these are the folks getting sick with the vaccine. And those who never contracted the virus did okay and did not get sick from the vaccine. Or is it the other way around?

The only reason my sister in law found out was that her son wouldn't travel over the pass to the East side for the holidays unless she and his dad got a Covid test. They complied and got the test and were shocked to find out that it came back positive.

Neither one had felt ill, except fatigue, but who doesn't have that in their late 60's, early 70's?
That would be interesting to know.

I know two people that got really messed up by the Shingrix shingles vaccine and felt like crap for about a week afterwards.
One was after the first dose and the other after the second dose. The person who had the effects from the first dose now is hesitant to get the second dose. I suggested getting it anyway after having seen two people who had shingles.
It wasn't pretty to say the least.
Other then a sore arm, it had no effect on me.
SF

Reactions: Jojo
#202 ·
I finally have an appointment in Albany (at the fairgrounds where they hold the Expo) this Thursday and the last thing on my mind is an allergic reaction. Due to my underlying medical conditions and age I am actually in a hurry to get the shot. Reactions be damned. I'm tired of the worry of ending up in a grave due to covid so if a shot will help me reduce that worry, then on with the shot!

#203 ·
Anyone who knows they have severe allergies to any substance that requires them to have an epipen may want to check with their PCP and/or their allergist before receiving a Pfizer or Moderna vaccination. They should also consider getting their shots at a facility that has an ER, and remain at the facility for 1 hour after receiving the vaccination(s).

#205 ·
Thanks all of you for responding and weighing in. I'll check those links out @Canuck from Kansas . It also occurs to me that maybe it's better not knowing if this is the case, even if it was, because folks who have had Covid still need the vaccine and if they know that having had it can increase risks of being sick for awhile then they might decide not to get it. My parents who are in their mid-80s are scheduled to get their second one this Saturday so i hope it goes okay for them.

#210 ·
FYI Dr Suess was just banned.
I caught Covid last month. Can you explain to me why the vaccine will generate anti bodies when its an mrna based vaccine? Where did you get your degree in virology? I have a degree in Biochem and still don't understand your response. Waiting for the wiki internet warriors to respond with no science background.

#231 · (Edited)
With Biden's/Inslee's announcement on Monday that all educators pre-K through 12, staff and licensed childcare providers are now available for the Covid vaccine I have been on the hunt for my wife since. Been using Covid WA web site all day. I go on about every 1/2 hour to check. @4:15pm I see a local pharmacy has availability. I run upstairs and my wife makes her appointment. She is now scheduled for this Friday and also has her second shot scheduled. 30 minutes later that pharmacy has used up all of their allocations. Dayum that was quick!

Happy wife --> happy life.

Good luck all and stay safe...

#233 ·
In NJ, so it might be different, but appointments have really opened up since mid-week. I got my first dose yesterday, my wife will tomorrow. Keep checking pharmacy websites as they'll now be getting the J&J vaccines in the next week or so, and since it's one dose, they won't need to worry about having enough in reserve for dose 2. Good luck and stay safe, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.