Any body buy from Marcus 120?

Phil Fravel

Friendly
Almost always newly registered members responding to WTB ads.

Googling their email addresses typically turns up results with similar complaints from other boards. Also, reverse image searching the pictures they send you will typically pull results; they are just taking images from google.

I have encountered it here a couple times... nothing against this board... in fact it's a compliment to the success of the classifieds section. Report these jokers to a mod (screenshot the PMs) and they will get kicked.
I sent Chris a PM immediately. And you are spot on about the photos. That was what I ran into when I started to look

That is crap, I had posted a wtb Chris Henshaw reel and he replied to me with a buddy in Texas had one ,he took my low ball offer right away but I ended up passing on the reel,but his other buddy had just the right he said so I talked with him the reel was the right one he agreed to a very low price immediately as long as I could Venmo the money now it seamed to good to be true ,fortune for me I only pay with postal money order they didn’t want that so the deal was off ,all three people I dealt with were very fast and a little rude.best of lucky out stay safe
"It seemed too good to be true" is usually your signal that it isn't an honest transaction. Scammers play on people's desire to "get a good deal". I have asked sellers who have an awfully low asking price why they have priced an item so low. Their answer goes a long way to sorting out good versus bad transactions.

We can all just be careful, particularly when most of these transactions are with people we don't know, but someone who is clearly active on the board should give you some comfort......brand new members with a smoking deal is a red flag.

crazywednesday

Almost always newly registered members responding to WTB ads.

Googling their email addresses typically turns up results with similar complaints from other boards. Also, reverse image searching the pictures they send you will typically pull results; they are just taking images from google.

I have encountered it here a couple times... nothing against this board... in fact it's a compliment to the success of the classifieds section. Report these jokers to a mod (screenshot the PMs) and they will get kicked.
Sound like solid advice. Didn't know some of those options existed

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info