FS SOLD.....4pc 3wt 7ft 9in Flyrod Building Kit

Rogerlp

Up for sale is a new IM6, 4 piece, 3 weight, 7 foot 9 inch fly rod kit. This is a good kit for beginners to start. The rod color is a dark translucent green. It has a medium-fast action. My digital shipping scales says the blank weighs 1.2 ounces. It comes with a 4 section cloth rod sock. I do not have thread, epoxy or glue.

$49 plus shipping

4 3 7 9 rod kit.jpg

The reel seat is polished silver aluminum with a reddish colored wood insert. The reel seat is mortised. The reel seat has a end cap.

The rod has 8 polished stainless steel snake guides and two stripping guides plus the tip-top. You will have more than enough guides for the build. The inserts on the stripping guides are ceramic. There is also a hook keep.

The half wells cork grip is AAA grade and 7 inches long. It comes with a winding check too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Old406Kid

Up for sale is a new IM6, 4 piece, 3 weight, 7 foot 9 inch fly rod kit. This is a good kit for beginners to start. The rod color is a dark translucent green. It has a medium-fast action. My digital shipping scales says the blank weighs 1.2 ounces. It comes with a 4 section cloth rod sock. I do not have thread, epoxy or glue. View attachment 268574

The reel seat is polished silver aluminum with a reddish colored wood insert. The reel seat is mortised. The reel seat has a end cap.

The rod has 8 polished stainless steel snake guides and two stripping guides plus the tip-top. You will have more than enough guides for the build. The inserts on the stripping guides are ceramic. There is also a hook keep.

The half wells cork grip is AAA grade and 7 inches long. It comes with a winding check too.

That looks like a nice winter project for someone.

bigtroutchaser

I cannot recommend Rogers's rod kits (and finished rods) enough. I have purchased blanks and components to build rods for my family and been impressed. Roger is a straight shooter you will be glad you met.

MotoBoat

There is a 1/2" long, brown coloration at Ferrule end of tip section, 2nd section and 3rd sections, what is that?

I understand that thread wraps would cover that area, but would brown show through if no color preserver applied to thread wraps?

Rogerlp

The dark area is so they can pick the blank without touching the paint. Yes the wraps cover it. Nobody has told me about seeing that through the wrap. Thanks, Roger

Canvsbk

I’ll take it. Soon enough my grandson will need a fly rod. I’ve built a number of spinning and casting rods.....so here we go.
I‘ll see if I can figure out the pm system around here.

think I got it - started a conversation

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts