NFR RIP Henry Aaron

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
Great ambassador of the game and even greater person.
The home runs are impressive, but having a .305 lifetime average over the number of years he played is even more impressive to me.
Sluggers usually don’t have that type of batting average.
SF

Jockurr

WFF Supporter
Somehow, he has been underrated. You can make a compelling argument that he was the best ever.

Go Sox,
cds
Brought up in near abject poverty in Alabama and grew to be a man of quiet conviction, honor and greatness. Missed playing for the Boston Braves by one year which for Mr. Aaron was a good thing. He was great for baseball at a time when baseball needed greatness. RIP Sir.

One of my heroes.

When my dad was posted to New York in the late 1980s and the whole family followed him, I really got into baseball and, like many New Yorkers, the Yankees were my team (although I was a huge fan of the Bulls (why? MJ, of course) instead of the Knicks). The Babe. Lou. Joe. Mickey. Yes. But also Jackie, and above all, Hank.

It damned near broke my heart when Barry hit that 756th homer, and to this day I cannot bring myself to like the man.

RIP, Mr. Aaron, thanks for the memories, and above all, for showing us what it truly means to be a gentleman.

Kenneth

creekx

Director of Stoke
One of my heroes.

When my dad was posted to New York in the late 1980s and the whole family followed him, I really got into baseball and, like many New Yorkers, the Yankees were my team (although I was a huge fan of the Bulls (why? MJ, of course) instead of the Knicks). The Babe. Lou. Joe. Mickey. Yes. But also Jackie, and above all, Hank.

It damned near broke my heart when Barry hit that 756th homer, and to this day I cannot bring myself to like the man.

RIP, Mr. Aaron, thanks for the memories, and above all, for showing us what it truly means to be a gentleman.

Kenneth

Career Home Runs
1. Bonds 762*
2. Aaron 755

* = cheater

wetline dave

A man who exploded the BS color barrier and played the best base ball out field ever played and a bat of shear power.

RIP Hank! May your accomplishments be always remembered!!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts