Nextcast, mid belly, long belly, ect question

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
The 7wt winston is great but I think its more of a summer rod
I think you might be fvcking nuts. That's a great rod. How much rod do you need? And for what? Ghosts?

I continue to fish sinking tips with old style RIO Skagit lines with the "beer can" head at 27'. With a 15' tip, that's 42'. I rarely use more than 8 strips of running line all winter long. How the hell far out there do you think the fish are, anyway? Then again, I almost never use T-anything, since I only catch stones with that stuff.

Yard Sale

Huge Member
Trying to force myself to chop down a Delta. I just love them so much for dry line work. I actually doubled up on the 6/7 and 7/8s so I wouldn't be afraid.

DanielOcean

I think you might be fvcking nuts. That's a great rod. How much rod do you need? And for what? Ghosts?

I continue to fish sinking tips with old style RIO Skagit lines with the "beer can" head at 27'. With a 15' tip, that's 42'. I rarely use more than 8 strips of running line all winter long. How the hell far out there do you think the fish are, anyway? Then again, I almost never use T-anything, since I only catch stones with that stuff.
Ya know, the older you get the grumpier you sound Steve.

dustinchromers

Rage seems polarizing. People either fish the hell out of it or not at all. I don't own one but know folks that swear by it.

It all works, just go fish.

It only throws moderate weight if matched to the right rod. I hate it on some rods in any weight and like it on others at anything close.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Ya know, the older you get the grumpier you sound Steve.
Not grumpy at all. It's just that you already have a nice rod that feels good in the hand and casts great - and it will play and land any fish you're gonna' hook, if by some chance you hook one. What, you got some money burning a hole in your pocket? From day one you've been trying to solve the issue of catching a steelhead by buying more gear. How well has that worked out? You have all the right gear, just the wrong approach. Use the good stuff you have and then fish where the fish are when they are there. That's really been your missing link all along. Well, except for when you ignored my advice to buy a couple spools of Maxima leader material and just use that, but no, you had to go buy some other shit that broke when you hooked a fish . . .

Yard Sale

Huge Member
Not grumpy at all. It's just that you already have a nice rod that feels good in the hand and casts great - and it will play and land any fish you're gonna' hook, if by some chance you hook one. What, you got some money burning a hole in your pocket? From day one you've been trying to solve the issue of catching a steelhead by buying more gear. How well has that worked out? You have all the right gear, just the wrong approach. Use the good stuff you have and then fish where the fish are when they are there. That's really been your missing link all along. Well, except for when you ignored my advice to buy a couple spools of Maxima leader material and just use that, but no, you had to go buy some other shit that broke when you hooked a fish . . .

This should be printed on a card and handed to everybody who is looking for "new" steelhead gear.

DanielOcean

No i do not have a hole burning in my pocket you old salty asshole. During my move here to Idaho my whole spey line wallet went missing so there are some stuff that i need to "replace". Thought i would come on here and inquire about feew lines i have heard about. I would have disclosed that at the beginning but i didnt think i owed anyone an explanation in order to gain approval on how i spend my hard earned money. Yeah i tossed around the idea of an 8wt setup in the future, as a treat to myself but thats my business

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts