Nextcast, mid belly, long belly, ect question

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
Also,if @Salmo_g keeps giving me shit about asking questions about equipment I am going to buy 5 spey rods, and have , "Salmo can suck it" engraved above the cork on every one of them.
I was going to stop giving you shit, but now you're egging me on. Go ahead and buy 5 Spey rods, but please make one of them one of the ones I have sitting around unused. I happen to know a thing or two about having more gear than is necessary or even sensible.

And how does the rod tube and sock go missing without the Winston rod going too? That may have been your lucky break.

DanielOcean

I was going to stop giving you shit, but now you're egging me on. Go ahead and buy 5 Spey rods, but please make one of them one of the ones I have sitting around unused. I happen to know a thing or two about having more gear than is necessary or even sensible.

And how does the rod tube and sock go missing without the Winston rod going too? That may have been your lucky break.
I had a bad habit of being that guy that had to pull his rods out of rod tubes, and get everything set up as soon as we got to the river. @Creatch'r threatened that if I made him wait again for me to set all my shit up he was going to piss in my coffee thermos when I was not looking. so with that said, non of my rods live in rod tubes anymore and they stay strung up and ready to go. All I have to do is put my waders on, connect the sections and go. My coffee no longer tastes weird when I fish with him.

So when it was moving day, there was only one rod that I did not break down cause it bummed me out too much to do it. It was the winston, and it was the winstons tube that was the only one they took

Creatch'r

Unhinged Member
I had a bad habit of being that guy that had to pull his rods out of rod tubes, and get everything set up as soon as we got to the river. @Creatch'r threatened that if I made him wait again for me to set all my shit up he was going to piss in my coffee thermos when I was not looking. so with that said, non of my rods live in rod tubes anymore and they stay strung up and ready to go. All I have to do is put my waders on, connect the sections and go. My coffee no longer tastes weird when I fish with him.

Good man. Rod tubes are for airplanes and for defense in a home invasion. Open seat if you make it the big river.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
I'm fairly certain I threatened to do worse than that for the same reason. I'd show up with my usual 4-5 rods ready to fish, and you open up the car with a pile of neatly organized rods, reels and lines, all in their own cute little protective coverings.

dustinchromers

So when it was moving day, there was only one rod that I did not break down cause it bummed me out too much to do it. It was the winston, and it was the winstons tube that was the only one they took

You need some steel Sox. I don't even know where half my rod tubes are. I'm always ready, cocked, socked, and down to rock. I hate rigging rods. I won't even change a tip. I'm that stubborn. I start with a ten foot mystery tip and I finish with it. My tip supply is a couple bulk rolls of unlabeled t material. When I need one I cut off a chunk, whip on some loops and stuff it in a pocket. It's crude, simple, and so much less thinking.

dustinchromers

Steel Sox are super legit, I just wish I had a blaze orange one so after I blaze some green i have an easier time remembering where I set it.

I'm thinking signiture series fabrics and limited edition steel Sox. I've always thought a royal purple steel sock trimmed out like a crown royal bottle sock would be cool. I'm thinking names and phone numbers embroidered or just "the natural", "slayer", "Merlin's wand". Mine would simply say "chrome roper" and of course for my beloved sage vt2 "Mr Roper". It goes nicely with my "Jack Tripper" and"Day Tripper" switch rod duo. I mean let's really build out the steel sock. I'm thinking stash pockets for common items like Maxima spools, a fly pouch, waterproof stash pocket for emergency essentials. Is there some way we can use a steel sock as a cell phone enhancement antenna so you can Instagram all the chrome you rope in real time from the field? I mean the sky is the limit. "The new 5g Steel Sox. Yeah they will probably give you cancer but life is temporary and internet fame is forever. Slide a set over your stix and see what all the buzz is about."

Last edited:

Creatch'r

Unhinged Member
I'm thinking signiture series fabrics and limited edition steel Sox. I've always thought a royal purple steel sock trimmed out like a crown royal bottle sock would be cool. I'm thinking names and phone numbers embroidered or just "the natural", "slayer", "Merlin's wand". Mine would simply say "chrome roper" and of course for my beloved sage vt2 "Mr Roper". It goes nicely with my "Jack Tripper" and"Day Tripper" switch rod duo.

I want my custom one to look like a job application so the tweakers won’t touch it.

dustinchromers

I want my custom one to look like a job application so the tweakers won’t touch it.

Or go the other way and camo out like a chunk of driftwood. The 5g steel sock has a GPS locator. "You'll find it but the rest of the fray never will. Steel Sox, the best sheath for your sword."

"Steel Sox, it's the scabbard with swagger."

"The only holster for a true polestar."

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
@bhudda unfortunately isn't making his super bitchin sox anymore :( - I had to teach myself how to use a sewing machine to get a bunch more. My rig is currently parked outside my office with a 7wt single hander, 7wt two hander, centerpin and a spoon rod - all ready to fish and socked up. Leaving at noon today for a few days in Tillamook reminiscing about how steelhead used to be a fish that exists.

landlocked

WFF Supporter
Mushrooms and a crashing some poor white guy with dreadlocks drum circle is my go to. "Behold it is I, Steelhead Thatwalkslikeaman. I've come to improve your hygiene and reappropriate your sprinter van comrade."
Oh god. We’re going back to Pass lake style in the late 70s! No sprinter vans, just some old VWs and a few Vanduras.

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Mushrooms and a crashing some poor white guy with dreadlocks drum circle is my go to. "Behold it is I, Steelhead Thatwalkslikeaman. I've come to improve your hygiene and reappropriate your sprinter van comrade."
One time I spent an entire afternoon swinging the top part of Blue Creek on a half tab and had the absolute best time watching two tweaker looking dudes try to fish a bobber/jig with red and white pond bobbers on what I'm pretty sure was a pocket fisherman or ice fishing pole (it was no more than 2-3' long at most. I'd list it in one of the top three experiences of my life. One of those transcending spiritual experiences that changes your entire life's trajectory.

dustinchromers

@bhudda unfortunately isn't making his super bitchin sox anymore :( - I had to teach myself how to use a sewing machine to get a bunch more. My rig is currently parked outside my office with a 7wt single hander, 7wt two hander, centerpin and a spoon rod - all ready to fish and socked up. Leaving at noon today for a few days in Tillamook reminiscing about how steelhead used to be a fish that exists.

"Cocked, socked, ready to rock, Steel Sox, be ready."

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts