WTB Back up 5wt for upcoming summer trips

Micktom

Planning on a couple floats trips this coming summer now that I’m retired, however I only have one 5wt rod and would like to pick up a back up rod to have in the boat should troubles arise. Any suggestion or rods you might be interested in letting go? Not looking to brake the bank but something that would last awhile.
thanks

jim52

WFF Supporter
Mick. Trouble always arises. Lol
I have a new tfo pro II. New model with sock. 5 wt 8.5 ft.
I just finished building a new rod. So I don’t need it. 125. Plus shipping.
one o. The lower part

Attachments

• 3AAE4F99-4325-45DF-AEF0-59B508D4CE40.jpeg
    3AAE4F99-4325-45DF-AEF0-59B508D4CE40.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
I have too many 5 wts.

How about an off brand ADG Precision for $130 plus shipping. It's a medium fast brown graphite with quality reel seat and single foot guides. Like new condition with sort of funky case; nice rod tho.

Matt B

WFF Supporter
Mick. Trouble always arises. Lol
I have a new tfo pro II. New model with sock. 5 wt 8.5 ft.
I just finished building a new rod. So I don’t need it. 125. Plus shipping.
one o. The lower part
These are good value rods. If this were a 4 weight I’d grab it. I do even weights, just how it’s worked out.

Reactions: KJE

Fishcat57

Brand new Redington Classic Trout 9' 5wt 6 piece. Shorter tube so it would store easier. Always thought I'd use it for backpacking but never got into it.

Micktom

Thanks for all the response and great offers, my buddy sold me an Echo Carbon XL for a great price and it should make a perfect back up rod for the boat. Thanks everyone and stay safe and stay well.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info