DIY Garage Pontoon Hanger for under $40

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
My boat is light - it’s why I bought it.

If you have a light boat like this it’s easy to use a couple of closet rod hangers and lift it up and hang it by the foot bar.
Brilliant! I like this! I have the wall space to do it and I can see where I'll only have to lift my boats a couple of inches and be done.

hookedonthefly

I used NRS cam straps and 2 hooks to hang my wife’s kayak. 2 of my favorites - the 5 gallon bucket and NRS cam straps. When I guided, I did inventory for insurance...I had 78 cam straps :) ....

Haggis57

If you have a light boat like this it’s easy to use a couple of closet rod hangers and lift it up and hang it by the foot bar.
Another option for the lighter frameless boats is a wall mounted bike. The one I'm using right now for my Outcast Scout folds up against the wall when not in use.

Ken

Attachments

• 4c Bike Rack.jpg
    4c Bike Rack.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 4b2.JPG
    4b2.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 14

Bruce Baker

I’ve seen them hung up in front of a car or truck , turned sideways , so the door does not interfere.
Thanks. My only other concern was the pontoon interfering with the garage lights. But perhaps sideways is the way to go. One way or the other, I will figure it out.

GAT

Dumbfounded
I also use screw in brackets for bikes to hold my SuperCat and another set to hold up my wife's Colt Bucks Bags pontoon boat.

I had to use heavy duty shelf brackets and rubber straps to hold up my JW Outfitters boat upright against a garage wall.

It isn't that difficult to store pontoon boats shorter than 8 feet in length.

Last edited:

Old406Kid

Off-topic, but you'll want to take a hacksaw to the XT's foot-bars and cut off a few inches on either side. That way, you can walk to your seat rather than having to step over it. You'll also want to reduce the gappage (vertical play) in the oarlocks. I recommend Nylon Drain Plug Gaskets brand "Oil-Tite" and #65270 by Dorman. From memory, I think 3 stacked below the oarlock was about right. You'll also want oar tethers (I bought mine online through Classic Accessories). The raft is heavy (68lbs assembled and inflated) to carry/drag, but otherwise is a value-for-money and stable craft.
+1 on the foot bars!

Big Rob

Off-topic, but you'll want to take a hacksaw to the XT's foot-bars and cut off a few inches on either side. That way, you can walk to your seat rather than having to step over it. You'll also want to reduce the gappage (vertical play) in the oarlocks. I recommend Nylon Drain Plug Gaskets brand "Oil-Tite" and #65270 by Dorman. From memory, I think 3 stacked below the oarlock was about right. You'll also want oar tethers (I bought mine online through Classic Accessories). The raft is heavy (68lbs assembled and inflated) to carry/drag, but otherwise is a value-for-money and stable craft.
Thanks for this. I was thinking about the same hack of the foot pegs as my heuge calves dont fit the current opening.

I'll also buy two wheels, and mount them on the OUTSIDE of the current wheel fork(spacer tube between the forks) to give it better tracking and less tipping on the drag to lenice.

My back and this seat aint a match a made in anywhere. Way too uncomfortable. I need a high-back lazy-boy type boat seat so I can shred all day long.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts