OP Swing Guide

Saltycutthroat

WFF Supporter
Good point.

You will need, nugs, edibles, scotch, Irish whiskey, Canadian whiskey, Vitamin R, Sierra Nevadas and and IPA of your choice.

Winter steelheaders often require intoxicants prior to giving out any information. Those that don't have given up getting whacked and likely don't speak or are hermits. I know a few of these types.

Or you can hire a guide, but that's sort of cheating the system. OTOH, it may be safer when with your special lady friend.

Go Sox,
cds
Is Vitamin R Rainier? Love me some oat sodas.

gt

JD has a great reputation for swing guiding steel but I heard he moved to Montana like four years ago and is pretty much guiding trout anymore?
interesting. about the same time good friend of his, Dave, sold waters west. with steelheading headed into the toilet, i could understand if JD actually moved. giving up his place on the Sol Duc banks would be really tough i would imagine.

Big Tuna

interesting. about the same time good friend of his, Dave, sold waters west. with steelheading headed into the toilet, i could understand if JD actually moved. giving up his place on the Sol Duc banks would be really tough i would imagine.
He had it up for sale for a long time. I ran into him about 4 years ago and he had really soured on what was happening to the fishery and wanted to get out.

Brian St

I will name three that I really like. None of them are about #'s they care more about a client positive experience with a huge enfisis put on conserving the fishery.

Curtis Read - guides through waters west and is a gem if you can get him. Swing only

Mark shamburg- another gem and also a fine bamboo rod maker and classic salmon reel maker. Super fun guy to fish with. Swing only.

Trevor Covich- one of the best on the OP. I guided with Trevor in Alaska so know his work ethic. He is top notch. Swing only.

WYtoWA

Thank you to everyone who made recommendations and just had some good humor on this post.
I was very fortunate to be able to book a guide that was mentioned numerous times here after a last minute cancellation.
Hoping to see some great stretches of river and looking forward to learning a lot from the real deal.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts