Albacore Flies

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
Ok, this a balanced Clouser. I’m going to work on the head and filling in the body a bit. I think I’ll tie the next one as a balanced pattern with a Spawnhead. View attachment 271958
What's your plan for weight/keeping it down? In my tuna bobbering experience, even 3oz of lead is barely enough unless it's dead calm and the boat isn't moving at all.

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Supporter
What's your plan for weight/keeping it down? In my tuna bobbering experience, even 3oz of lead is barely enough unless it's dead calm and the boat isn't moving at all.

It is weighted in the front, but honestly, I’m not that worried about it. I’ll only employ it under an indicator if I see fish close to the surface anyway.

SilverFly

This is going to be a fun summer. ;)

Been doing some experimenting for the albacore fly swap and think I finally worked out the popper I'm going to submit...

Head: Pearl braid tubing over foam. Colored with markers and sealed with UV resin. Chartreuse 8mm Fisch eyes from FTD.

Hook: 3/0 Umpqua U-401 SS.

Tail: Natural polar bear courtesy of @DenWor54. The PB is topped by fine Lateral Scale, and Angel hair in Kingfisher blue and Midnight Black.

20210221_150736.jpg

20210221_150801.jpg

20210221_150840.jpg

cabezon

Sculpin Enterprises
WFF Supporter
Hi folks,
I was in Michael's yesterday and found braid in several colors that would be big enough to make these flies.
Steve

Kfish

WFF Supporter
Stole SilverFly's idea and went at it the lazy way.
Wrapped a sheet of shimmer fringe (I think that's what it's called) around the foam cylinder and uv glued it down.
Kona 2/0 big game carnivore hook. It's got a bigger gap compared to Ahrex SA270 Bluewater 2/0.
Surely not very durable though.

PXL_20210222_004244751.jpg PXL_20210222_020433560.jpg

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts