Albacore Flies

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Premium
Is the thought that spawnfly jig shanks strong enough for tuners?

I have no idea. I'm using these other shanks (no idea on brand) that overlap on both sides, throw on multiple thread layers, then glue it down before I even start constructing the fly. I've used them on occasion for tigers and haven't ever had one even start to come loose after multiple fish (not the best comparison fish-wise, but at least they pull hard and are heavy)

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Premium
All right, I had to get used to tying with Farrar again....here's one with far less Farrar, far more different colors of flashabou, and a touch shorter.

a2I4eZ2.jpg

Matt B

WFF Premium
Borrow?

I'm not sure about that....considering where that uh, leather mask, was likely purchased...
I got it at REI.
Look, I was just trying to help you out, man. It’s been a couple years since you’ve been to the tuna grounds right? All the hottest hotshots in Tuna Town wear Albacore Armor nowadays but if you want to roll in 2017’s Grundens, that’s on you.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts