Albacore Flies

bk paige

Wishin I was on the Sauk
Jake those are some seriously killer shrimp patterns, just an observation though. The tail is a bright white under belly with no variation, the whole shrimp should be consistent, just a bit more color underneath and it will be nom nom nom!

wanderingrichard

Challenge accepted!
Hey, she's 7 , what can I say ..?

Honest? Far better than I can ever hope to do. And yeah, I'd take them fishing.

Which reminds me.. the level of tying talent on this forum/site never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited:

Jake

veni, vidi, fishi
Jake those are some seriously killer shrimp patterns, just an observation though. The tail is a bright white under belly with no variation, the whole shrimp should be consistent, just a bit more color underneath and it will be nom nom nom!
I appreciate that. I’ll play with the dubbing body on the next ones, and try to sharpie the current generation.

Jake

veni, vidi, fishi
Absolutely gorgeous I might even buy some just to look at even though I don't fish Tuna
Thank you! I’ve tied some in #4 and #6 as well. No need to buy them. PM me your address and I’ll send you a couple. I’m curious to find out where and on what they will work.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Premium
a few krill/shrimpy patterns just in case...

jpVICie.jpg

MDbBrej.jpg

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Premium
Body color is close a perfect match (to our eyes, who knows what the tuna actually see). Also hard to go wrong with marabou. Stuff looks alive sitting still. Extra credit for using live bait hooks!
Which part, the dark pink, or the bi-color w mostly orange?

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts