Anything new??

slow_floccer

Hey Steve,
Going by your avatar I'm connecting you with our conversation over on the Classic forum.
So yeah, I have a "new" toy. Found this Hardy Perfect 3-5/8" which I want to put on a 9' Granger. Needs a little work: bent winding plate and probably needs new bushing to solve a bit of wobble. Leading to some rub against the check adjustment internals.

Not sure if I'll send it to Arch or attempt the repair myself. If it was just the bent plate, I'd probably do it myself. But the bushing, I can't do that so might ask him to just do the whole thing.

Two cracks in the agate..... one is smooth so I'll leave alone. The other catches the fingernail. You think superglue?

Attachments

• P1200614.JPG
    P1200614.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 9
  • P1200615.JPG
    P1200615.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
  • P1200616.JPG
    P1200616.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 8
  • P1200617.JPG
    P1200617.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 9
  • P1200624.JPG
    P1200624.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 8
  • P1200621.JPG
    P1200621.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
  • P1200618.JPG
    P1200618.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
  • P1200619.JPG
    P1200619.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 10

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
I wrapped the latest rod with variegated light green/black thread, did the watered down Threadmaster One for a color preserver. Partial ventilated cork grip, no scarf, no thrills....kinda boring. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

herkileez

WFF Supporter
Hey Steve,
Going by your avatar I'm connecting you with our conversation over on the Classic forum.
So yeah, I have a "new" toy. Found this Hardy Perfect 3-5/8" which I want to put on a 9' Granger. Needs a little work: bent winding plate and probably needs new bushing to solve a bit of wobble. Leading to some rub against the check adjustment internals.

Not sure if I'll send it to Arch or attempt the repair myself. If it was just the bent plate, I'd probably do it myself. But the bushing, I can't do that so might ask him to just do the whole thing.

Two cracks in the agate..... one is smooth so I'll leave alone. The other catches the fingernail. You think superglue?
I had a hardy Perfect with a badly cracked agate. I sent it to a local fellow that repairs Hardys'. He replaced the agate with a nephrite jade ring...Looked really cool against the green waters of my home river.

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
Rick, any pictures of the Perfect? I made a jade stripper for a bamboo rod years ago, a little softer stone to cut than agates.

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts