NFR Is Courtesy Dead?

Canuck from Kansas

WFF Supporter
Hello.
I am a new guy but I cant resist any longer.... I am sorry in advance...common denominator
People bickering over the internet - sucks.
People pot stirring with a "holier than thou" attitude in every discussion they enter - suck.
People that love to "teach and preach" but cannot usually handle criticism - suck.
People that love to be the center of attention at any cost- suck.
People that when left unchecked long enough by their audience really start to believe they and their life position is infallible - suck.
People that have difficulty identifying their own arrogance all the while chastising others - suck.
Pot stirrers who then cry foul if the reaction to they're position is nasty - suck.
People need to be brought down a peg or 2 every now and then...
That sucks also but it can be argued its for the greater good.

People that are courteous are great.
People that help people are great.
People that love fly fishing and are courteous and helpful are super great.
People that are chill until they can't be anymore are great.
People that don't take everything personally are great.
People that bring comic relief or intentionally derail long threads for levity are great.
People that paid their dues in customer service are great.
Old people are great.
Middle aged people are great.
Young people are great.
Getting sick new shoes is great.

Also, side note - it says it will be 7 degrees celsius here on Sunday.... out of courtesy that is 44.6F .... and we have a section of river that is open to fishing year round and the ice is dissipating as I write.... that just may mark the first time I will be standing where I should be when not working in more than a month and a half.
If so I think many who are forced to work/live around me will be pleasantly surprised to notice a markedly more positive and considerate person upon my return.
That's great (where in Canada ya from?)!!

Cheers

Sportsman

I dunno about that Peyton00..... but it would probably be interpreted as discourteous of me to comment or elaborate further
I get the French Canadian part. Your not a 'Woofie' that moved to your Miami Beach (Victoria) are you? That's how my ancestors got to Seattle!

S.O.S.Canada

What's a woofie?

All I got was something about dog owners when I conducted my cursory google research so not sure yet if I should say I am or I am not... will have to look into it a little further before committing one way or the other.

Am from S. Ont. but lived in BC for a good while in my late teens and then NDG (in MTL) for a short time...
Cant speak fluent french like my siblings and was a disaster of a human at the time so fairly certain that played a significant role in my different experience there...beautiful city without question though... also loved the sound of the word depanneur... and the ease of access to all of their wares

Replicant

Did you take a close up of the little note that was left in the mailbox so we can read it?
No. Not the kind of house you want to stop in front of. I took that pic on the fly. I won't be judgmental and to each his own, but let's just say that they had an 'excess' of 'stuff' in the yard.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
No. Not the kind of house you want to stop in front of. I took that pic on the fly. I won't be judgmental and to each his own, but let's just say that they had an 'excess' of 'stuff' in the yard.
I had a face to face chat with a neighbor that had a lot of "stuff" in his yard. He pulled a rifle on me.

Saltycutthroat

WFF Supporter
I had a face to face chat with a neighbor that had a lot of "stuff" in his yard. He pulled a rifle on me.
But were you surprised when the rifle was pulled? I’m assuming there was some part of your subconscious that knew that would happen.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts