Swap PNW Albacore tuna swap

Matt B

WFF Supporter
Y’all really want to do a tuna swap? I haven’t done a fly swap in a loooong time. I’ll swapmeister if there’s interest and we’re all cool with a way far off due date, like April. Let me know what you think. Max 10 swappers.

I like the idea of using this swap to help establish a small (or large) quiver of tuna flies with a variety of sizes, colors, and patterns and styles. The discussion in this thread has some good guidance as to the range of flies that are known to have worked.

EDITED (2/8/21) deets:
Send 12 flies by 4/5/21: either 12 copies of one pattern of your choice, or 6 each of 2 patterns. You’ll get two of your own back. This makes it easier for me, a slow witted type, to make the sets. If you mail your flies in decent packaging I can re-use it, but send 5 bucks or so and a return label to slap on please.

1) Matt B
2) Clarkman
3) thatguyry
4) cmann886
5) SilverFly
6) jasmillo

Last edited:

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
How many flies? 1 per person? same fly or more of a freestyle style....I've done both and both have their unique drawbacks.

regardless, I'm in.

Matt B

WFF Supporter
How many flies? 1 per person? same fly or more of a freestyle style....I've done both and both have their unique drawbacks.

regardless, I'm in.
Good questions. Like I said, it’s been a long time. I will update the top post.

Matt B

WFF Supporter
You have no idea just how difficult this will be for me to tie up 10 of the exact same patterns! :D :D :D
Just make them close. We know you have enough hooks to get the hiccups out of your system, and besides, I won’t be grading anyone or anything. :p

Evan Burck

Fudge Dragon
If fly tying wasn't my least favorite activity on the planet, I'd be all over it. I'd be down to barter something else of value in exchange for flies :D

SilverFly

Evan, if you can find me a case of Pliny, I'll tie you all the flies you want.
Must be a pretty special IPA . Perhaps brewed with a special blend of herbs such as dandy lion, pine needles, poison oak, tansy ragwort, and perhaps with a a starter of lawn clippings scraped from the mower of a large dog owner. ;) ;) ;)

Just giving you shit. To be fair I'm not really the beer guy I used to be (like in High School ;) ). Unless fresh Dungeness crab, still warm from the cooker is involved. Then some Kiwanda Pre-Prohibition Cream Ale is in order.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts