So Glad for Local Fly Shops

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
WFF Supporter
It's always a good time at Patricks. Wes set me up the other day with some stuff I needed and stuff I wanted.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
I want to politely encourage everyone in West Seattle, Burien, White Center and other points south of Seattle to stop in to Emerald Water Anglers and support the shop. Business has been rough due to the West Seattle bridge closure.

A lot of hard work went into building out and setting up that shop. It’s a great place to hang out. The location WAS ideal - right near the junction - until the bridge closed overnight. There’s no telling when it will be rebuilt. It’s a nightmare to get there from any point north and business is suffering because of it.

It would be a real shame to see EWA go out of business. Please stop by and show some love. Maybe spend some of that stimulus money. Thanks for reading.
Yes, I love that shop, too. I used to live in West Seattle before the shop was open.

Dave Mcoy used to give a slide program about fishing small streams in Western WA that re kindled my passion for the simplicity of wet wading mountain streams in dead of summer heat with a 2wt in hand, dry fly only Now my favorite fishery!!!!

Last edited:

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
Since I moved to Butte about 4 years ago, I haven't found any fly shops only. I wander all over town but I haven't found one yet. There are a few hock shops that have some gear but never what I want. Three Bears has some gear. Bot it's not a fly shop.

When I lived in Dillon, there were at least four shops there and I hit all of them. Frontier Anglers was the one where I got most of what I used and flies I needed. I used to hit Uncle Bob's until there changed the name. It was kind of cold in there after that happened.

LilCutts

fish & whistle
WFF Supporter
Yes, I love that shop, too. I used to live in West Seattle before the shop was open.

Dave Mcoy used to give a slide program about fishing small streams in Western WA that re kindled my passion for the simplicity of wet wading mountain streams in dead of summer heat with a 2wt in hand, dry fly only Now my favorite fishery!!!!
Right on! Dave is a generous soul and has helped me countless times. He also has the best voicemail message ever: “Hi you’ve reached Dave McCoy. I’m currently out of the country for two weeks.” He never changes it.

funfisher

Fish On!
Since I moved to Butte about 4 years ago, I haven't found any fly shops only. I wander all over town but I haven't found one yet. There are a few hock shops that have some gear but never what I want. Three Bears has some gear. Bot it's not a fly shop.

When I lived in Dillon, there were at least four shops there and I hit all of them. Frontier Anglers was the one where I got most of what I used and flies I needed. I used to hit Uncle Bob's until there changed the name. It was kind of cold in there after that happened.
THE STONEFLY FLY SHOP; LLC
2205 AMHERST AVE
BUTTE, MT 59701
USA

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts