bonner county ID streams...

hi, i was looking for an idaho forum, and this is what i found. i lived in WA for 10 yrs, and now living in Idaho. I'm on the middle part of the snake, near idaho falls and i'm looking to move further north around the priest river area. I can't even seem to find a fly shop online in this area. Is there someone who can tell me what they know about the priest river trout and other fly fishing streams in that area? i've been fishing the south fork of the snake, but it's a 45 min. drive. plus access is not good on foot, most of the year and the middle of the snake is pretty weak if u dont have a boat. looking to really get back up into some trees. Thank you

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
nope. that river is basically unfishable for trout (not joking) and i actually have the patent and trademark on beadheadpheasanttailnymphs btw (joking).

also, some folks consider it poor manners to ask for river specific info on such a large public forum. I may be one of those people.

the flyshops for that area are as follows. not sure how you didnt come up with any of them, but here they are. best of luck with your relocation.

Silver Bow Fly Shop (Spokane WA)
Castaway Fly Shop (CDA)
North 40 Fly Shop (Sandpoint)
Northwest Outfitters (CDA)
The River Fly Shop (Kingston)
Wallace Fly Shop (Wallace)
The Shoo Fly (Troy)

Last edited:

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
If the hotspotting Sheriff comments on your thread then you, my friend, have stumbled upon a gem of a trout stream. Good luck, and don't forget to fill out a trip report when you go!

here is the trip report.... i will save him the trouble.

priest lake lowhead damn still fucking up the river.
water temps 78 degrees.
no trout present.
got chased back to the truck by woodsfolk for walking near private property.
truck had 2 flat tires and a large Copenhagen spit wad on the window.
quality experience 10/10

:)

JACKspASS

here is the trip report.... i will save him the trouble.

priest lake lowhead damn still fucking up the river.
water temps 78 degrees.
no trout present.
got chased back to the truck by woodsfolk for walking near private property.
truck had 2 flat tires and a large Copenhagen spit wad on the window.
quality experience 10/10

:)

giphy-13.gif

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter

despite your blind hatred, my advice in this thread is both true, and in good nature. I give no shits about him moving or fishing up there. I am just telling him its not worth the time or effort. It is one of the only rivers in North Idaho that routinely has lethal water temps. This has been the case for decades, and the fish population and quality of fishing in the river directly reflect this completely true information I have presented. I worked at the fly shop in Sandpoint long enough to have met multiple people who have returned to flat tires, but the chew spit thing i did make up....

1612903023047.png

JACKspASS

despite your blind hatred, my advice in this thread is both true, and in good nature. I give no shits about him moving or fishing up there. I am just telling him its not worth the time or effort. It is one of the only rivers in North Idaho that routinely has lethal water temps. This has been the case for decades, and the fish population and quality of fishing in the river directly reflect this completely true information I have presented. I worked at the fly shop in Sandpoint long enough to have met multiple people who have returned to flat tires, but the chew spit thing i did make up....

View attachment 270909

Blind hatred? That is a little harsh and not true. I recognize the river obfuscation attempt and hope that the Mods change your title to Mr. Mushroom, " feeding them shit, and keeping them in the dark since 2009"

How do the headwaters fish?

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
Blind hatred? That is a little harsh and not true. I recognize the river obfuscation attempt and hope that the Mods change your title to Mr. Mushroom, " feeding them shit, and keeping them in the dark since 2009"

How do the headwaters fish?

uhh... your way off base here. Did i not give him true information on the fishery (with sources and real data) AND take the time to list every fly shop within 100 miles that he can contact for additional information?

Mr. Mushroom, thats a little harsh...

well, I can always go find Bigfoot, i did find the north 40. gave them a call. warm river temps during summer, there should be no excuse for that if there is a dam in the area. thanks for the fly shop info. Wish i were back on the columbia and cowlitz, kalama, or better yet, almost moved to the OP yrs ago. 2 yr waiting list in that area

Last edited:

Dustin Bise

reformed hot-spotter
headwaters are OK for small cutthroat (under 10 inches) but access is a real bitch. not any better then any other north idaho creek, just with much more time and effort to access. im GUESSING that Mr. Jackass has not spent much time exploring in this area, he seems to be under the impression that the watershed is worth the time when there is many far better options in the region.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts