New and used

Bonsai

Jerry
My old Fenwick
fiberglass rod doesn't as pristine as yours. I enjoy fishing my old rods, I have a bunch of them, bamboo, fiberglass and a couple of early graphite. Enjoy fishing your new rod. The fish wont know the difference.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
I doubt if I would have ever bought this rod for myself. I'm pretty well fixed up in the trout rod department. But he was so impressed with the rod that he thought I "needed" one. I'll fish it though! I especially like the thought of a short belly line on a short rod.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
That's a nice rod. My former co-worker retired to Helena has an old early 70s Fenwick 7 1/2' 5 wt that I cast last summer. He should give it to me since he's incapable of appreciating really good fishing tackle.
I agree. Let's assemble a mob and go get it!

Bonsai

Jerry
I doubt if I would have ever bought this rod for myself. I'm pretty well fixed up in the trout rod department. But he was so impressed with the rod that he thought I "needed" one. I'll fish it though! I especially like the thought of a short belly line on a short rod.
Who needs a fly rod? I have around 60 of them. I don't need a rod, I want a rod. LOL

David Loy

Senior Moment
A friend (that wouldn’t know a 5 from a 9wt) borrowed a 7’6” 5wt Fenwick several years back and brought it on the annual fishing trip. He never fished, but one afternoon some of us were lawn casting in the meadow, trying each other’s gear. He handed me the rod and within a couple false casts my jaw nearly hit the ground. OMG, best Fenwick I’ve ever thrown. Really sweet.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
A friend (that wouldn’t know a 5 from a 9wt) borrowed a 7’6” 5wt Fenwick several years back and brought it on the annual fishing trip. He never fished, but one afternoon some of us were lawn casting in the meadow, trying each other’s gear. He handed me the rod and within a couple false casts my jaw nearly hit the ground. OMG, best Fenwick I’ve ever thrown. Really sweet.
That sounds promising!

Porter

You get that cork patina that is gonna be a picturesque combo....cork handle looks pretty good, not much filler. I’m a bit envious now.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts