NFR Cabin For Sale - Won't you be my neighbor?

Chris Bailey

WFF Supporter
Over the years there have been a few discussions on here about cabins in the National Forest so I figured I would throw this out there. I have one of these USFS permit cabins in a group on the Bumping River outside Naches, on the main highway (Hwy 410) upriver from the Little Naches. I have a neighbor who bought one of the cabins right on the river a few years ago, did a bunch of work to fix it up, and then decided it wasn't for them. By "it", I mean the restrictive nature of the USFS cabin permits, allowable activities within the cabin areas, proximity to neighbors, etc. The owners seem more suited to a 10-acre plot somewhere in the middle of nowhere where they can do whatever the hell they want. No judgement; it's just that the two environments are very different. They are asking $160k. It's got water and power and an outhouse, which is a pretty common setup up there. The owners did a ton of work and it's a nice little cabin.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the cabin for sale and I'll provide you with the contact info. There is a FSBO sign in the window, but I don't see it advertised anywhere else and I'm a bit hesitant to post the phone number unsolicited. I'm also happy to answer questions about the USFS cabin process, permit fees, etc.

Thanks. Chris

IMG_1841.jpeg

Porter

That is a great area. I have a cousin who has a cabin up in that area....his has a short walk to the Little Naches. Great 2-3-4 weight rod trout fishing, great water rafting/tubing, beautiful hiking trails, bat caves, wildlife, campfires, Saturday night > couple ales and music at Whistling Jacks, etc.....it’s a mini-Washington state oasis.

Chris Bailey

WFF Supporter
That is a great area. I have a cousin who has a cabin up in that area....his has a short walk to the Little Naches. Great 2-3-4 weight rod trout fishing, great water rafting/tubing, beautiful hiking trails, bat caves, wildlife, campfires, Saturday night > couple ales and music at Whistling Jacks, etc.....it’s a mini-Washington state oasis.
WJ has new owners and spent a good portion of the early COVID shutdown renovating cabins, fixing stuff, and most importantly adding a keg room and about a dozen taps in the bar. They even fill growlers. They also added some tent and trailer camping spots to rent. I stepped foot in the bar for the first time in close to a year a week or so ago and was happy to overpay for a Cougar burger on the way to the cabin. It really is a great area with a good mix of places for the motorized crowd as well as wilderness backcountry.

Josh

dead in the water
WFF Moderator
Always wanted one of these, just wish it wasn't 4+ hours down the road. Makes weekend trips kind of a stretch.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
Over the years there have been a few discussions on here about cabins in the National Forest so I figured I would throw this out there. I have one of these USFS permit cabins in a group on the Bumping River outside Naches, on the main highway (Hwy 410) upriver from the Little Naches. I have a neighbor who bought one of the cabins right on the river a few years ago, did a bunch of work to fix it up, and then decided it wasn't for them. By "it", I mean the restrictive nature of the USFS cabin permits, allowable activities within the cabin areas, proximity to neighbors, etc. The owners seem more suited to a 10-acre plot somewhere in the middle of nowhere where they can do whatever the hell they want. No judgement; it's just that the two environments are very different. They are asking $160k. It's got water and power and an outhouse, which is a pretty common setup up there. The owners did a ton of work and it's a nice little cabin.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the cabin for sale and I'll provide you with the contact info. There is a FSBO sign in the window, but I don't see it advertised anywhere else and I'm a bit hesitant to post the phone number unsolicited. I'm also happy to answer questions about the USFS cabin process, permit fees, etc.

Thanks. Chris

View attachment 271845
I love that area.

My grandparents had a cabin near the American and Bumping rivers about 3 miles from there. I visited our old cabin a few years ago.

Lots of happy times as a kid fishing and chasing frogs in the American River. I camped the Little Naches in past two summers. Wonderful small creek wet wading dry fly fishing with 2 wt if you are willing to drive a bit and hike away from easy access points. Never fished the bigger rivers as an adult.

Hope your new neighbors are quiet, and love to fly fish. No noisy booze, drug fueled 3 AM rave parties. Gets old soon when you want to get up early to chaise fish.

My camp on Little Naches, My Grandparents Cabin

Attachments

• IMG_20190729_074103251.jpg
    IMG_20190729_074103251.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20190729_122403201 1.jpg
    IMG_20190729_122403201 1.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
WJ has new owners and spent a good portion of the early COVID shutdown renovating cabins, fixing stuff, and most importantly adding a keg room and about a dozen taps in the bar. They even fill growlers. They also added some tent and trailer camping spots to rent. I stepped foot in the bar for the first time in close to a year a week or so ago and was happy to overpay for a Cougar burger on the way to the cabin. It really is a great area with a good mix of places for the motorized crowd as well as wilderness backcountry.
Whistling Jacks is legendary for me.

My grandmas and aunts used to take us there for a special treat of hamburgers, fries and cokes eating out by the great music the river makes. Best place for a hungry 5 year old

I remember a terrifying trip back from whislin jacks in our neighbors mid 60's Chrysler business coupe. He was 3 sheets to the wind. there were about 4 of us kids in the back seat. He was all over the road.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts