Western WA Lake Report 2021-02-17

Starman77

Fished a western WA lake on Thursday. Weather was really great:

20210217_092710 25.jpg

Saw some wildlife:

20210217_095114_001 cropped.jpg

Also got to see a Bald Eagle chasing a duck, but the duck easily evaded the slower eagle.

The water was pretty cold (42 to 43 degrees), probably due to snow melt. This might have caused the fish to be less active than usual.

Managed to land 6 fish in the 16 to 18 inch range. One of the fish was a skinny brown, but the others were nice rainbows:

IMGP5579 25.jpg

I was casting and stripping a baitfish pattern, but it seemed that most of the other 7 guys were fishing stuff under an indicator. A couple of them seemed to be doing pretty well, so maybe they'll report what was working for them.

I'm sure the lake will fish better when the water warms up a few degrees.

Rex

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
Fished a western WA lake on Thursday. Weather was really great:

View attachment 272186

Saw some wildlife:

View attachment 272187

Also got to see a Bald Eagle chasing a duck, but the duck easily evaded the slower eagle.

The water was pretty cold (42 to 43 degrees), probably due to snow melt. This might have caused the fish to be less active than usual.

Managed to land 6 fish in the 16 to 18 inch range. One of the fish was a skinny brown, but the others were nice rainbows:

View attachment 272190

I was casting and stripping a baitfish pattern, but it seemed that most of the other 7 guys were fishing stuff under an indicator. A couple of them seemed to be doing pretty well, so maybe they'll report what was working for them.

I'm sure the lake will fish better when the water warms up a few degrees.

Rex
It's been 42 degrees since early January Rex.

Camo Clad Warrior

Thanks for the report. I looked out the window and told myself " I should be fishing". Just didn't happen though. I am hoping in then next few weeks I will be out there.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts