MADE IT HOME!!! Looking for some quick advice...

Lue Taylor

Lue Taylor/dbfly
Thanks, Lue. Bummer to hear that since I live within a par 5 of the south end of the lake. I fish it a bit in the warmer months, but can't say I've done very well lately. I've been spending more time on a lake a bit further south.
My friend and I fish it about 5 or 6 years ago during the christmas time had to break ice to get to open water out front of the dock we had a great time catching fish we could hear the fish coming up for bugs finding that the surface was covered with ice you hear them hitting it, I am talking about 60 to 70 take downs on the bobber. Sorry to say that was the good old days on that lake. When I had my business I use to go there every other day in the morning til 1pm head back to work that was 60 plus miles one way from my shop. We even had some great emerger/dry fly there too here is a picture of my friend landed this with a top water fly 6X tippet you may have seen this one before on here, I can.t remember how many we caught that size that day but was all on top with dries

Attachments

• IMG_1553.jpeg
    IMG_1553.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 24

BriGuy

My friend and I fish it about 5 or 6 years ago during the christmas time had to break ice to get to open water out front of the dock we had a great time catching fish we could hear the fish coming up for bugs finding that the surface was covered with ice you hear them hitting it, I am talking about 60 to 70 take downs on the bobber. Sorry to say that was the good old days on that lake. When I had my business I use to go there every other day in the morning til 1pm head back to work that was 60 plus miles one way from my shop. We even had some great emerger/dry fly there too here is a picture of my friend landed this with a top water fly 6X tippet you may have seen this one before on here, I can.t remember how many we caught that size that day but was all on top with dries
I think I skipped over the good old trout days. When I first fished it in tne mid eighties (before CnR), there were a lot of big bass in the lake. I've only recently gotten back into fly fishing for trout. Lately, it hasn't been that good. In fact, I remember thinking about how few bugs there were for a warm summer's eve. Now I know why.

Steve Kokita

FISHON206
Don’t give up BriGuy......that’s why they call it fishing and not catching! Might be lights out the next time you’re there!

Matt B

WFF Supporter
Nice fish! Top water fly you say? What’s that orange blobby thing up the leader near the rod tip top? Super duper compact micro floating Skagit head? :p [EDIT: pic got switched!]

Last edited:

BriGuy

Don’t give up BriGuy......that’s why they call it fishing and not catching! Might be lights out the next time you’re there!
@Lue Taylor -- Nice fish your friend caught!

Also, I know all about fishing and not catching since I mainly fish for Sea Run Cutthroat. :) I'll still fish that lake, too, because it's close, I like it, and occasionally me or a buddy pull something nice out of it..

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Welcome back, James.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts