Bow anchor mount on watermaster kodiak.

Georgetown

I have a Watermaster Kodiak. Has rear anchor mount. Would like to add a bow anchor for stillwater fishing. Any ideas on how to effectively do that?

Dave Boyle

I would try a Scotty Anchor Lock mounted on a float tube strap on base:
I did this at the end of last yr but haven’t really tried it yet. In fact Iwas out only once with it set up. If fishing chironomids it can get old paddling to keep your flies dead still if the wind is constantly squirrelly.

Dave

IveofIone

WFF Supporter
Buy the Scotty anchor mount that Freestone suggest but instead of straps buy the Scotty glue on mounting pad for it and glue it with HH-66 adhesive. Instant on and off for the anchor mount and no straps to loosen. See the related link on 'adhesive for gluing Scotty mounting pads.'

Dave Boyle

Buy the Scotty anchor mount that Freestone suggest but instead of straps buy the Scotty glue on mounting pad for it and glue it with HH-66 adhesive. Instant on and off for the anchor mount and no straps to loosen. See the related link on 'adhesive for gluing Scotty mounting pads.'
I did this too on my watermaster so it’s right behind me and love it. I’d recommend the temporary one at the other end and experiment until you figure out if it helps and/or exactly where to place it. You are stuffed once it is glued up on.

Dave

sroffe

For those that glued the Scotty patch on, how many pounds are you holding? any reservation about it not holding up on the boat?

I often just use a 5 pound anchor for lakes

Dave Boyle

I just bought a new pump and tested on my Wmaster. I’ve added pics on my fixed mount at the ‘stern’ and the moveable one at the ‘bow’.

Should work a treat when I need fully static presentations and don’t have to constantly paddle and fight the wind. Ropes are 25’ with 50’ ones left in my rig. Most places I fish are <20’ typically.

If I decide if I like the 2’ anchor I’ll put a permanent fixture in. A bit concerned re losing fish wrapping on this so not totally sold. I lost a load at Dragon by wrapping and with the winds there, a 2’ anchor was really needed a lot of the time.

Dave

A3FF1463-DA14-4AA5-896C-9A25F0D2A67B.jpeg B898FC06-A703-473B-AC90-5DB34AFECD9D.jpeg

Last edited:

Dave Boyle

For those that glued the Scotty patch on, how many pounds are you holding? any reservation about it not holding up on the boat?

I often just use a 5 pound anchor for lakes
I use a 5 lb pyramid anchor or shroom. Just heard shrooms are bad as don’t set as well and rip up weeds was you drift.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts