derogatory fly names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Supporter
I would love to. It's kinda hard though when we're talking about sensitive crap and everything is politicized.
You dog whistled pretty hard throughout this though. I’m guessing you would take being called a liberal as an insult.

BC33

What do you think is political about fly names?
If you didn't read all the posts I made a comment about PC/cancel culture based on the blog post in question. Some dude Ive since put on ignore went kinda nutty on me and I took the bait.....

I've got a good friend who's business was attacked by the PC/cancel mob over total bullshit so Im just kinda over it.....and yea I'm prolly a bit frazzled from the last year for various other reasons......I really don't want to take it down that road, but I'm also not going to stand by and take it.....Im a huge fan of respectful discourse but it seems hard to come by any more.

Sportsman

If you didn't read all the posts I made a comment about PC/cancel culture based on the blog post in question. Some dude Ive since put on ignore went kinda nutty on me and I took the bait.....

I've got a good friend who's business was attacked by the PC/cancel mob over total bullshit so Im just kinda over it.....and yea I'm prolly a bit frazzled from the last year for various other reasons......I really don't want to take it down that road, but I'm also not going to stand by and take it.....Im a huge fan of respectful discourse but it seems hard to come by any more.
That's all fine and good (for you), but what's political about fly names?

Sportsman

Nothing you would think...

Are you gonna start asking me if I'm a middle aged white guy?
Nothing I would think? It's actually Nothing. I don't care how old or what race you are but after reading your replies on this thread, I imagine you have March 4th circled on your calendar??!!

BC33

Nothing I would think? It's actually Nothing. I don't care how old or what race you are but after reading your replies on this thread, I imagine you have March 4th circled on your calendar??!!
So I googled March 4th...some Qanon thing...so that's what you gathered from my posts? I guess that's ur way of asking if I'm a middle aged white dude.

scottybs

Sadly call outs like this rarely have the effect the author is saying he intends. They do however tend to galvanise folks into whatever camp they are already in. To get the effect the author says he wants (rather than the obvious virtue signalling wokeness display) there are better avenues of diplomacy. Appealing to others sense of decency and class is where I would have steered things. You rarely get a change in behaviour with the call out. You will get likely they opposite.
You forgot the author was “trembling”... seriously if he omitted the sensationalizing he.could make some serious strides. Left wing-Right wing, once someone is an “activist” they lose all credibility in my book. Something about seeing the stream through the water.

Last edited:

O' Clarkii Stomias

So here's a thought, April is sexual violence awareness month. Maybe instead of waisting energy proclaiming who's the most woke when it comes to this issue, and how it relates to the childish, locker room behavioral naming of flies, we could have a fly raffle, and donate the proceedes to a worthy anti sexual violence group in April.
Wouldn't this be more effective than swearing off the term "boobies" when it comes to naming a fly.
And btw, when I think of term boobies, I think of breast cancer awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts