derogatory fly names...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Supporter
Anyone else find this amusing? I mean we had horrible fires in OR this summer.....we just had an ice storm that knocked out power for an extended period of time....covid.....crazy politics.....coca cola wants employees to be "less white" and now we're arguing over fly names!

If the cancel culture goes after Seinfeld, I'm out.....

This is classic Whataboutism, we have capacity as humans to deal with more than one issue at a time. One crises, doesn’t need to compete with another.

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Supporter
Guess how many fucks I give?
Obviously quite a few, based on your responses. You seem seem sensitive about this, so I’ll make the assumption that you are a white middle aged man. Funny how even the tiniest things fracture some white men’s egos.

BC33

Obviously quite a few, based on your responses. You seem seem sensitive about this, so I’ll make the assumption that you are a white middle aged man. Funny how even the tiniest things fracture some white men’s egos.
Ego? You came on with the fuck you. And now ur gonna throw out race? Dude you are the worst......have fun being a douchebag virtue signalling piece of shit

Charles Sullivan

While learning In college to be an advocate for marginalized communities, a professor taught me about the power of the “Fuck You” approach versus the educational approach to advocacy. Once you know that education hasn’t worked, sometimes you need to shake the ignorance out of someone with a good Fuck You. I don’t use it often, because ultimately I am an educator, but in this case it just seemed fitting.
I have had my share of fuck you's and fuck off's. They can be quite meaningful.
I also like a go fuck yourself, especially without raising your voice. It truly can get the point across.
It also signals the point in a disagreement where both sides should stop because there is little to be gained. This is an important step in the process of overcoming a disagreement.

Go Sox,
cds

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
I have had my share of fuck you's and fuck off's. They can be quite meaningful.
I also like a go fuck yourself, especially without raising your voice. It truly can get the point across.
It also signals the point in a disagreement where both sides should stop because there is little to be gained. This is an important step in the process of overcoming a disagreement.

Go Sox,
cds
that's just about as perfectly worded as one could hope for! fuck yeah!

Irafly

Indi Ira
WFF Supporter
I'm not a fan of the PC/cancel culture. I don't take myself too seriously.....I wish people could just lighten up, but thats not the world we live in.
Ego? You came on with the fuck you. And now ur gonna throw out race? Dude you are the worst......have fun being a douchebag virtue signalling piece of shit
Again, with all the anger. So are you a white middle aged man or not? And now the name calling. Funny how I called you out on telling others to lighten up and well, look what happened to you. Now imagine that someone has been pissing in your Cheerios since you were a toddler, how pissed would you be? How fucking hard is it to change a fly name, deal with it. And now let me tell you how I feel about anyone who uses the term, “Cancel Culture”.. blow that dog whistle a little louder there and maybe you will find more of your kind.

You talked about kindness once in the courtesy thread. Do you think it is kind to dismiss the feelings of a bunch of a huge portion of the population by telling them chill out when they point out oppression?

BC33

Again, with all the anger. So are you a white middle aged man or not? And now the name calling. Funny how I called you out on telling others to lighten up and well, look what happened to you. Now imagine that someone has been pissing in your Cheerios since you were a toddler, how pissed would you be? How fucking hard is it to change a fly name, deal with it. And now let me tell you how I feel about anyone who uses the term, “Cancel Culture”.. blow that dog whistle a little louder there and maybe you will find more of your kind.

You talked about kindness once in the courtesy thread. Do you think it is kind to dismiss the feelings of a bunch of a huge portion of the population by telling them chill out when they point out oppression?
You must be a hit at parties.

BC33

I'm gonna add one to the list.....dirty hippy. That's not very nice.....I've known hippies who weren't very dirty.

Oh, and 20 incher stone.....I mean come on, 20 incher??? What's that all about?

LilCutts

fish & whistle
WFF Supporter
I read the article and am probably oafish enough that I've just never thought about it. I suppose I chuckled the first time I read some of those names of fly patterns and then let it go. I'm not too easily offended. So I am more interested in how women feel about the use of such names for fly patterns, especially women who fish. If it bothers them, then I'll take that as the signal that it's offensive and should be avoided.
Thank you for being an ally! -Lily

Zak

WFF Supporter
I'm gonna add one to the list.....dirty hippy. That's not very nice.....I've known hippies who weren't very dirty.

Oh, and 20 incher stone.....I mean come on, 20 incher??? What's that all about?
Not as mean as the Hippie Stomper fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts