Good old angling quotes

dbruecker

Like anxious, spiritually ravenous pilgrims, they traveled to the creek each day, in every season, as much in pursuit of solace, as trout. It was their presbytery, their mosque, their basilica, their bethel, their sacrarium. The Earth is Enough by Harry Middleton

Brian Miller

Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout
WFF Supporter
Besides my sig...
The Angler's Song
Words by Izaak Walton
(Music by Henry Lawes)

Man's life is but vain,
For 'tis subject to pain
And sorrow, and short as a Bubble;
'Tis a Hodg Podg of Businesse,
And money and care,
And care and money, and trouble.

But we'll take no care,
While the weather proves fair,
Nor will we vex now though it Rain;
We'll banish all sorrow
And sing till tomorrow,
And angle and angle again.

PooterTooter

Another Geirach quote.....he's by far my favorite author. I always have a Gierach paperback with me on fishing trips.

And never fall into that statistical macho trap that’s so prevalent in fly-fishing these days. If you keep score, you can be beaten, but if you refuse to compete you can leave the impression that you have long since risen above that kind of crap. When someone says to you, “I caught forty-eight trout and ten of them were twenty inches or better. How’d you do?” say, “Yeah, we got some. Couple nice ones, too.
I love this. What book should I start with of theirs?

Jaydub

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. "

"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish. "

Steven Wright

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts