Good old angling quotes

up2nogood

Or a friend of mine , "One more cast "
The actual quote was " One more cast old buddy " and on that particular day we went way past dark, and were in a bit of trouble with the wife's back at camp, well actually we were in a lot of trouble with the wife's :)

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
Can't catch 'em on a salmonfly if you ain't fishing a salmonfly.
- me

Reminds me of a time a number of years ago I was in The Deschutes Angler and John was in the process of telling me (in typical John manner) that the Deschutes wasn't a streamer river at which point I responded with, "well, you can't catch 'em on a streamer if you're not fishing a streamer"....that quote takes many forms....I remember that day vividly because it turned out to be an absolute epic streamer day for me out there.

O' Clarkii Stomias

Reminds me of a time a number of years ago I was in The Deschutes Angler and John was in the process of telling me (in typical John manner) that the Deschutes wasn't a streamer river at which point I responded with, "well, you can't catch 'em on a streamer if you're not fishing a streamer"....that quote takes many forms....I remember that day vividly because it turned out to be an absolute epic streamer day for me out there.
Yup, fish have made liars out of a lot of people, including me.

D3Smartie

Nick’s heart tightened as the trout moved. He felt all the old feeling. - Nick Adams Stories - Hemingway

Reactions: Zak

P-FITZ98

Doing well float tubing at an anything-goes lake one day, a bait dude on shore yells at my buddy “my neighbor caught a limit of 16 inchers yesterday!” . My buddy retorting “ If your neighbor limited his kill rather than kill his limit, they’d be 19 inchers ! “. Then awkward silence

D3Smartie

And my other favorite book which has too many memorable quotes to list.
The Old Man and the Boy - Robert Ruark

"A fish, which you can't see, deep down in the water, is a kind of symbol of peace on earth, good will to yourself. Fishing gives a man ... some time to collect his thoughts and rearrange them kind of neatly, in an orderly fashion."

"every once in awhile a fellow wants to get away from everything that's complicated, and fishing is really the only way I know of to do it."

"The whole purpose of summer is fishing, is not to worry about catching fish but just to get out of the house and set and think a little. Also the womenfolk are bad-tempered in the summer. The less you hang around the premises the less trouble you're apt to get in"

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts