Trip Report Belize slam

Spent couple weeks in Belize. Travel was a bit of a hassle due to covid but doable. Like everywhere business is hurting. One place I stayed had only 2 guests where 20 would be normal. The other place had 6 guests but none the following week. Crime is also up. Saw many more armed guards at marinas and some businesses.

Fishing, however, was good. Bonefishing was good to excellent and relatively easy. Tarpon fishing was fair, good when could find them but not much bait fish around and thus fewer tarpon. Permit was permit - meaning harder than steelhead. Saw lots of permit but only one caught in 5 days. If you are desperate can be caught with live crabs or conch but a real challenge with flies.

Few pics.

Attachments

• DSCF0749a.JPG
    DSCF0749a.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 176
  • DSCF0704.JPG
    DSCF0704.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 171
  • DSCF0720.JPG
    DSCF0720.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 161
  • DSCF0728.JPG
    DSCF0728.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 160
  • DSCF0736.JPG
    DSCF0736.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 155
  • DSCF0753.JPG
    DSCF0753.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 159
  • DSCF0478.JPG
    DSCF0478.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 165

tomL

Spent couple weeks in Belize. Travel was a bit of a hassle due to covid but doable. Like everywhere business is hurting. One place I stayed had only 2 guests where 20 would be normal. The other place had 6 guests but none the following week. Crime is also up. Saw many more armed guards at marinas and some businesses.

Fishing, however, was good. Bonefishing was good to excellent and relatively easy. Tarpon fishing was fair, good when could find them but not much bait fish around and thus fewer tarpon. Permit was permit - meaning harder than steelhead. Saw lots of permit but only one caught in 5 days. If you are desperate can be caught with live crabs or conch but a real challenge with flies.

Few pics.
Where were you exactly?

Tom

Buzzy

Warm water, warm sun, bonefish, tarpon and that mystery fish! Thanks for sharing. And you get a nomination for the bushiest mustache!

mr. bad example

you’re in my backyard.... did you go out with warren and try for something larger ? been wanting to catch a blackfin on a fly and or a kingy....while there. Thanks for the report.

Last edited:

MDK

you’re in my backyard.... did you go out with warren and try for something larger ? been wanting to catch a blackfin on a fly and or a kingy....while there. Thanks for the report.
No. I just fish around the islands. I get sea sick real easy and Warren mostly fishes outside with spinning gear, especially for wahoo.

Bowbonehead

Would like to get to Glover's sometime just canceled a trip to Tarpon Caye because of restrictions to and from Canada which made it just to difficult for travel.....

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts