The secret lake

Ron Olsen

WFF Supporter
let's see now, maybe like at the market. Lake covid capacity of 45, to maintain social distancing. So officer at gate has a clicker. Must be there by 9:15, or wait until someone has limited and opens up a space.....

dp

~El Pescador
decided to go to the larger lake west of this lake. only 6 people. the law came in and checked our licenses as well. Man, they look so young!
the lake we fished was OK. catch fish for 30 minutes and then it would shut down for an hour.
Healthy fish and beautiful day. Hike out is a bitch.

skyriver

decided to go to the larger lake west of this lake. only 6 people. the law came in and checked our licenses as well. Man, they look so young!
the lake we fished was OK. catch fish for 30 minutes and then it would shut down for an hour.
Healthy fish and beautiful day. Hike out is a bitch.
Hi dp, Were you with the guy that was fishing out of the aluminum pram? He was hooting on his first fish of the year. Love to see it.
I headed for the other part of said larger lake west of secret lake in my Commander and had a great time. I stuck to slow kick with strips and they just kept coming. Some of the most violent trout takes I've ever had. All my fish were between 4-8' of water on a type 3.

Fish cop didn't find me. However, the multiple lost fish will attest to my barblessness. Those stupid triploids literally hit the tippet with their tails. They are evolving to get off the hook. :D The fry plants aren't that "smart", but fight way better.
It definitely made the trip in & out worth it, but I'm a little sore.

Pulled these out of a 16" fry planter :eek:
Dinner.jpg
He had these halfway down and still hit me! Might have to start using bigger flies!

And Shawn, I was going to come say hello to you & the trailer gang, but I was the crazy one on the mtn bike coming back at dusk to grab my truck so I could go pick up my boat stashed in the bushes. You could say I said "one more cast" a few too many times. I was too tired, sore and sweaty to even swing by. I needed food, water & a shower ASAP.

I hit the Quincy lakes today since there was no way I was hiking or biking anywhere.
Quincy was DEAD. Saw a couple fly guys get a couple, but it was slow. And COLD. Striker said 38 degrees in the middle. So I pulled out and hit Burke. I was one of only a couple out there and it fished pretty well. Having the Striker 4 definitely helped me there with the crazy drop offs. All the fish caught (fingerling plants 12-16") were along the south drop off in 12-15' on a type 6. Reddish brown leech thingy.

Fun opener for sure!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts