Sauk River Rules

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
On page 35 of the general regulations it states "Internal combustion motors prohibited." That rule did not go away for the C&R season. If you or someone you know is the one running their sled up it in higher water, knock it the fuck off.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
An angler can use a motor boat for transportation legally and then get out and wade fish. It's that whole, "not fishing from a boat equipped with a motor" rule. If they're fishing from the motor boat, get the numbers and report them.

Remember, WDFW cannot restrict navigation. They can only restrict fishing, as in no fishing from a floating device or no fishing from a boat equipped with a motor, or like on the Skagit, no fishing from a boat with a motor while the motor is running. Man, that's a lot to keep track of.

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
WFF Supporter
An angler can use a motor boat for transportation legally and then get out and wade fish. It's that whole, "not fishing from a boat equipped with a motor" rule. If they're fishing from the motor boat, get the numbers and report them.

Remember, WDFW cannot restrict navigation. They can only restrict fishing, as in no fishing from a floating device or no fishing from a boat equipped with a motor, or like on the Skagit, no fishing from a boat with a motor while the motor is running. Man, that's a lot to keep track of.
It's in the regulations. Why? Maybe to protect reds?
Sauk001.jpg

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
The county has jurisdiction over navigation, not WDFW. Unless there's been a change in state law that I don't know about, my contention is that the WDFW restriction on I.C. motors applies only to fishing and not to navigation. For example, what would a WDFW agent do if a non-angler drives a jet boat up the Sauk? Clearly not fishing from a motor boat. An angler with fishing gear on board who stops the boat and gets out and wade fishes has always been legal in the past. Count me as surprised if it's any different now.

Creatch'r

Bored member
Perfectly legal, what’s the issue?

Edit: Wait never seen it printed like that in the regs that’s definitely new

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
The regs for Sauk changed to include "internal combustion motors prohibited" in the '15/'16 reg pamphlet. Salmo brings up good point though....

HauntedByWaters

The regs for Sauk changed to include "internal combustion motors prohibited" in the '15/'16 reg pamphlet. Salmo brings up good point though....

That was the same year they prohibited internal combustion above Marblemount for seemingly no reason. Seems longer ago than that. It pissed a few guys off I know besides me.

I guess we have all been fooled according to Salmo.

NRC

WFF Supporter
Is the Sauk considered a navigable waterway? I ask because it seems like they can regulate propulsion on lakes, which if small enough I assume are not considered navigable waters? I know navigable waters fall under USCG jurisdiction in some regard.

lol I don’t know what I’m talking about

riverrun

It's in the regulations. Why? Maybe to protect reds?
View attachment 273802
Go to the definition section and read the section on Internal Combustion Engines. Your answer is there. As long as you're not fishing from a boat equipped with an ICE it is legal.

That ignores the old and long standing etiquette-flow, angler pressure, and upstream boundaries being critical. Not many days this season that you'd be able to defend yourself this season, so far.

RR

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts