Saw These Gems on Instagram Tonight

pbunbury

Tights Lines
Really hoping this isn’t in Washington especially on the OP, but I’ve got a pretty bad feeling that it is. ‍Hopefully it’s the lower Quinault. ♂️ A3FEDE38-220A-4BE5-82EF-69A01C09FDDC.png 29C59A42-DFC8-468B-A14B-75EFA64413DD.png E35382C4-3943-47FE-8963-4674FBE7A958.png

Last edited:

Joe H

I worked on Lake Quinault yesterday. There were about ten trailers and even more turnaround rigs parked at the lake takeout. The most I've seen (especially on a Wed), in nearly 30 years of frequenting the Quinault.
Appears the "guides" are getting their licks in before the 3/8 emergency closure.

A truly sad state for the state fish.

Salmo_g

WFF Supporter
I worked on Lake Quinault yesterday. There were about ten trailers and even more turnaround rigs parked at the lake takeout. The most I've seen (especially on a Wed), in nearly 30 years of frequenting the Quinault.
Wow! That's a lot. I'm ignorant about this. I have fished the river and had boats pass by me saying they were going all the way to the lake to take out. I saw a drift boat trailer parked on the side of the road just upstream of the Salmon House restaurant one time, but have never figured out where people can launch or retrieve a boat. The parking lot around the restaurant has signs saying it is for customers only. Not that I intend to do it, but if I may ask, where exactly are people retrieving their boats?

pbunbury

Tights Lines
Wow! That's a lot. I'm ignorant about this. I have fished the river and had boats pass by me saying they were going all the way to the lake to take out. I saw a drift boat trailer parked on the side of the road just upstream of the Salmon House restaurant one time, but have never figured out where people can launch or retrieve a boat. The parking lot around the restaurant has signs saying it is for customers only. Not that I intend to do it, but if I may ask, where exactly are people retrieving their boats?
There are several spots, the low hanging fruit is paddling across the lake to the campground near Rain Forest Village. I've also pulled a boat up over the log jams off S Shore Road further up the river.

pbunbury

Tights Lines
Was able to confirm that this was on one of the Q rivers. Still doesn't make it any better IMO given the state of Steelhead in our state and in general. That fish in the 3rd photo has the appearance of a healthy wild fish to me.

JM

there used to be a gravel launch at the forest service campground at Falls Creek on the south shore. This is a long row from the east end of the lake when its windy. It appears the upper river will close March 8.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts