Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Saw These Gems on Instagram Tonight

16K views 181 replies 47 participants last post by  gone johnson 
#1 · (Edited)
Really hoping this isn't in Washington especially on the OP, but I've got a pretty bad feeling that it is. ‍Hopefully it's the lower Quinault. ♂
A3FEDE38-220A-4BE5-82EF-69A01C09FDDC.png
29C59A42-DFC8-468B-A14B-75EFA64413DD.png
E35382C4-3943-47FE-8963-4674FBE7A958.png

See less See more
#5 ·
I worked on Lake Quinault yesterday. There were about ten trailers and even more turnaround rigs parked at the lake takeout. The most I've seen (especially on a Wed), in nearly 30 years of frequenting the Quinault.
Appears the "guides" are getting their licks in before the 3/8 emergency closure.

A truly sad state for the state fish.

#8 ·
I worked on Lake Quinault yesterday. There were about ten trailers and even more turnaround rigs parked at the lake takeout. The most I've seen (especially on a Wed), in nearly 30 years of frequenting the Quinault.
Wow! That's a lot. I'm ignorant about this. I have fished the river and had boats pass by me saying they were going all the way to the lake to take out. I saw a drift boat trailer parked on the side of the road just upstream of the Salmon House restaurant one time, but have never figured out where people can launch or retrieve a boat. The parking lot around the restaurant has signs saying it is for customers only. Not that I intend to do it, but if I may ask, where exactly are people retrieving their boats?

#19 ·
“OMG those tassels are sooooooooo dope!” -IG fisherboys

#21 ·
#28 ·
Yeah, what's with the tassles? is that just decorative or do they serve a purpose?

I'm thinking it would be fun to hang a string of dingleballs down the length of my spey rod.

The tassles could be helpful as a reminder in the salt, or muskie fishing, to strip set....

#29 ·
Yeah, what's with the tassles? is that just decorative or do they serve a purpose?
The tassels are actually bands to keep keep control of a long rod when broken down for hiking or in the boat. Only good thing shown, but I use my wife's hair bands.

#30 ·
Remember hitting up the "BeaverFest" for WW kayaking on the Beaver River in upstate NY about a decade ago (Jesus - time flies!) and seeing some of the the cool kids wearing NBA jersey's over their PFDs, shades, and cash-money bling-chains over all of that. Got a good laugh out of that, but haven't seen it since. IMO it's high time the IG-crew adds the jerseys and chains to their getups, and start throwing gang-signs in pics as well...

#42 ·
If nobody would look, nobody would post...
Damn the 'gram anyways....right ?
Don't have an account, so never see anything to hunch up my undies.
:)
Back in the day, before the inner tube, all ya had was fishing n hunting lies, liars gazette and those type mags.
Nobody posted pics in those either.

#43 ·
I love when people spot fouls through IG and want to make a fuss about it, when there is a great chance the pics were found in the first place because folks are using IG to follow guides to try to get intel, and searching hash tags for the same reason. Maybe someone posts a pic of a nice fish caught and you recognize the background etc.

Not saying that's the case here, just in general.

People sure love to bitch about IG and social media, but its nothing more than a digital platform to support what has been going on for decades. IG=Digital Fishing and Hunting News.

Poor fishing is not caused by social media. I post plenty of Puget Sound fishing pictures on IG. It hasn't made Puget Sound fishing suck one bit. Fishing sucks when there are no fish. Lake fishing isn't going down hill because of IG. Bass fishing isn't terrible because of IG.

Steelhead fishing sucks because there are next to no steelhead anymore. It's nice to have a scapegoat, but blaming everything on social media seems a bit absurd to me.

Anyway, not much of this post has anything anything do with the OP. Those tassels are rad. I'm gonna get some for the steering wheel in my boat.

#49 ·
I love when people spot fouls through IG and want to make a fuss about it, when there is a great chance the pics were found in the first place because folks are using IG to follow guides to try to get intel, and searching hash tags for the same reason. Maybe someone posts a pic of a nice fish caught and you recognize the background etc.

Not saying that's the case here, just in general.

People sure love to bitch about IG and social media, but its nothing more than a digital platform to support what has been going on for decades. IG=Digital Fishing and Hunting News.

Poor fishing is not caused by social media. I post plenty of Puget Sound fishing pictures on IG. It hasn't made Puget Sound fishing suck one bit. Fishing sucks when there are no fish. Lake fishing isn't going down hill because of IG. Bass fishing isn't terrible because of IG.

Steelhead fishing sucks because there are next to no steelhead anymore. It's nice to have a scapegoat, but blaming everything on social media seems a bit absurd to me.

Anyway, not much of this post has anything anything do with the OP. Those tassels are rad. I'm gonna get some for the steering wheel in my boat.
Thanks for the criticism Nick. The post came from the Lancer Jigs account. I don't follow anyone for intel, in fact because of the dire situation facing our Steelhead in this state I have stopped fishing for them completely. Turned to skiing in the winter.

I have and will continue to hold people who know better accountable for not practicing what they preach, or just flat out abusing these fish which are just damn near an ESA listing.

It's on all of us to hold each other accountable and be stewards for our state fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.