Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Beda 2021

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  zen leecher aka bill w 
#1 ·
I don't often "hot spot" (cold spot?) lakes, but there are quite a few on this list that made donations to the fish stocking we did last year at Beda. A couple buddies and I managed to get in at the launch (it's still a mess) ..and fished it for a few hours. We caught one survivor from last year at 19 inches, one 12" from a recent plant, marked a few on our finders, ... and that was it. So yeah... pretty disappointing. Rumor has it WDFW is going to plant some brown trout, and more "catchables" this year, so might be worth checking out again in a couple months... or maybe not. We saw a guy with a spinning rod fishing from the east side with what looked like power-bait....

Attachments

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
I didn't think that you could drive back there. Cool to see that you can.
we got that rule changed a couple years ago for the aging fishermen. Easiest change I ever worked on. I should add it was part of the advisory group I'm on for the WDFW. We had a meeting and I showed up early. Enforcement and Lands people were there and I mentioned we should allow driving past the fence to launch boats. Enforcement was given an action item on it and it changed later that week. Parking is not permitted past the fence but driving to launch is.

#9 ·
@PezVela - you dirty rotten scoundrel! Hot spotting this awesome fishery! ;-)

Thanks for spearheading the fund raiser for the big fish, glad someone actually was able to take advantage of it sometime in the recent past. I'm not too optimistic that adding browns to Beda will improve trout fishing. But what the heck, maybe they will find sunfish to feast on and grow large. What lake would be the next WFF project?

"NO UNAUTHORIZED VEHICLES BEYOND THIS SIGN" - WDFW enforcement never did take the sign down. Somehow the sign did disappear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.