Dryft sessions SEEKR wading pants

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
I believe these might be a newproduct for them, but I’m not sure.

Just curious if anyone had tried them?
I might pick up a pair for times when I don’t need chest waders.
SF

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
I can't speak for those specifically, but wader pants are the way to go when the air temp is warm and the water temps are a touch cold for wet wading (like Sunday and Wednesday on the Deschutes). mine are from Sportsman's (forget the brand, but they're holding up great thus far--bought them for fishing out of either my float tube or Commander).

Stonefish

I can't speak for those specifically, but wader pants are the way to go when the air temp is warm and the water temps are a touch cold for wet wading (like Sunday and Wednesday on the Deschutes). mine are from Sportsman's (forget the brand, but they're holding up great thus far--bought them for fishing out of either my float tube or Commander).
Randy,
That is what I was thinking. Perfect for the Commander or quick beach trips.
SF

Camo Clad Warrior

I have been thinking about going to wader pants. Not very often do I go past my waist and i find waders to not fit all that well. I am a bigger dude and none of the better companies make a wader that doesn't balloon out the legs when sitting down. These may be the answer for me.

jaredoconnor

WFF Supporter
I had wading pants for a little while, but I found them too limiting. Crossing the river, retrieving flies and so on becomes problematic. Also, I hang a lot of gear off my belt now and that doesn't work well with pants.

Stonefish

I had wading pants for a little while, but I found them too limiting. Crossing the river, retrieving flies and so on becomes problematic. Also, I hang a lot of gear off my belt now and that doesn't work well with pants.

I haven’t fished a river going on eight years and the only thing I’d wear around my was would be a stripping basket.
I think for lakes and beaches these would work fine for my intended needs.
SF

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
Brian, I'd say go for it (super easy for me to say, it's not my money....haha!). Especially if you already have standard waders as well. I honestly find myself in a situation perhaps once every year or two where I'm glad to have full on waders. I'm always wearing them on those days as well (beach, surf, winter steelheading). I'll say this though, the last couple of times I fished the Deschutes, I was soooo glad for waist highs instead of my Orvis Pros. There was one spot I couldn't get to. One. I caught loads of fish anyway....

Darby

I own the regular Session wader pants + their front zip waders & jacket. They're excellent and use the hell out of them. No faults or leaks. I actually use the pants way more than my waders. If I had to pick a fault, I'd wish they weren't so thick during the summer months, so you can't go wrong with the SEEKRs.

hookedonthefly

I don’t know anything about the wading pants; but, I do know the owners. Good stand-up guys. If I didn’t have 14 pairs of waders already, I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase a Dryft product. Safe Travels, Ed

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts