Dryft sessions SEEKR wading pants

flyrig

The lighter color would be much cooler in summer sun. I can’t see if the gravel guards have elastic at the bottom. I like what I see. Good job!

Buzzy

I have a pair of Redington Palix pants; they're discontinued now. I love 'em - great rain gear bottoms when I'm fishing from my pram. Often when I launch or trailer my pram - I have to get in the water - these pants and booties are easy on, easy off, light weight, not cumbersome (like waders) and - I don't need zippered waders to pee.

Thread drift, Brian: my Redington Sonic Pro's are three years old. I wear waders V pants in my float tube. I know that sooner or later the Sonic Pro's will start leaking so I'm interested in what the options are. Dryft seems like a comparable price line.

Steve Call

I’ve had the regular Session pants for about a year now. Great fit and no leaks. Love them. At my age I don’t need to wade in water above my waist. In fact if you’re wading in water close to that deep you’ve pushed fish. I still have chest waders, but I only wear them on the coldest days, and only because they hold more body heat.

Stonefish

Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
The lighter color would be much cooler in summer sun. I can’t see if the gravel guards have elastic at the bottom. I like what I see. Good job!

I agree a lighter color would be preferable.
The dark color of their standard waders is why I never gravitated towards them being the sweat hog that I am. They could also make their billboard size company logo smaller as well in my opinion.
Under Armor already has that market cornered.

It sounds like these are lighter weight then the other / previous version waist highs, which the lighter the better would work great for my needs.
I like the blue color better then the almost black color of their standard waders.
SF

long_rod_silvers

WFF Supporter
I haven’t fished a river going on eight years and the only thing I’d wear around my was would be a stripping basket.
I think for lakes and beaches these would work fine for my intended needs.
SF
I've been wearing wading pants on PS beaches for a few years now. Honestly think you won't go back to regular waders if you give them a try.

They are lighter and easier to move around in.

They are quicker and easier to get in and out of.

Body temperature is easier to regulate, e.g. I don't find myself profusely sweating when I walk for a while (vs. waders where I do have that issue form time to time)

Easier to take on/off layers.

Bathroom breaks are less awkward.

But you're still dry at the end of the day.

Oh, and they cost less than normal waders.

Also great for the snow :)

Freestone

WFF Supporter
About 20 yrs ago, I had a pair of stretchy breathable Ronny waders. I loved how thin, light and stretchy they were. Sadly, they died from catastrophic delamination, the same death suffered by my stretchy breathable Hodgman’s which is probably why we don’t have stretchy breathable waders today.

I never replaced the waist high waders as I had a hard time not wading too deeply in them. Waist high waders for some of you would likely fit me like chest waders, LOL!

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I have a pair of Redington Palix pants; they're discontinued now. I love 'em - great rain gear bottoms when I'm fishing from my pram. Often when I launch or trailer my pram - I have to get in the water - these pants and booties are easy on, easy off, light weight, not cumbersome (like waders) and - I don't need zippered waders to pee.

Thread drift, Brian: my Redington Sonic Pro's are three years old. I wear waders V pants in my float tube. I know that sooner or later the Sonic Pro's will start leaking so I'm interested in what the options are. Dryft seems like a comparable price line.
My wading pants are just a pair of shorts. Or a pair of pants cut off at the knee. Not interested in looking like I just stepped off the show room floor.

Uncle Stu

I have their Session pants and I'm a fan. I use them instead of regular bibs. I fish mostly in crashing surf, I do get damp sometimes but this is CA, not WA in winter. I'm willing to trade that for the easy-pee factor. I do have to keep my wading jacket cinched tight at the bottom to prevent splash-ups. One feature that I don't need is the the extra cuff at the bottom. I like the inside elastic cuff to keep them in place, but not the extra layer on top of that--is that to hide the elastic cuffs? It makes rinsing more work to get all the sand out. I'm about ready to cut off the outer cuff.

doublespey

Steelhead-a-holic
I gave in and got a pair of these SEEKR pants. True to size and a comfortable fit, great waterproof pockets and good zippers and snaps. Will be awesome for summer - lightweight and very mobile. Neoprene bootfeet are also well done. You hardly know you have them on - they really feel like normal pants. Nice belt loops and hooks for accessories. The elastic waist keeps on even without a belt. My only complaint? They're a bit brighter shiny blue than in the picture. My politically correct comment is that out of the box they look like something a Millenial Metrosexual might wear. Fortunately, it's nothing that a little blood and dirt won't fix. :) Definitely a quality product.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts