SBS Jig Craw

longputt

If you hit every color phase of crawdads with your design it would be a cool picture.

If you had that olive color between the orange and black it would be nice to be framed in a shadow box. I'm always impressed by the color differences in crawdads as the season progresses.

Last edited:

O. clarki

Hey Billy - your jig craw looks bad ass. What size do you tie these in? I am looking forward to fishing one. Thanks.

Last edited:

wanative

Retired, gone fishin'
WFF Supporter
Something that has worked well for me on both bass and trout: View attachment 274298

Supplies:
-90 degree jig hook (Mustad 32833) and 4.5 mm tungsten bead (slotted disco dark)
-marabou (brown/black barred MFC)
-rubber legs (brown spanflex)
- light and dark brown simiseal
-hen saddle dark brown variant
-orange senyo fusion dub
-squirrel strips in orange/brown

Start by tying in marabou tail and thread base: View attachment 274285
Add rubber legs out back 2 per side: View attachment 274286
Add a clump of senyo's: View attachment 274291
Now cut and add two nice full squirrel strips one to each side: View attachment 274292
Another clump of dubbing: View attachment 274293
Now wrap hen saddle feather forward hackle style: View attachment 274294
Now make a dubbing loop and add a clump with all three dubbing. More sparse with orange then the browns: View attachment 274295
Brush out and wrap forward. Then whip finish and brush out whole fly. Top view: View attachment 274296

Catch big fish! View attachment 274297
Cheers,
Billy
Thanks Billy. I've been hoping you'd do this.

mcswny

Hey Billy, I've admired your flies for awhile now. Specifically, your dubbing collars. I was wondering how exactly you do them? I was trying to mimic them tonight with Laser Dub and they just kind of globbed up? Do you have a SBS or a link to a reference video I could watch? Or a specific technique to google?

thanks!
tim

Last edited:

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts