You do anything fun this weekend?

Matt B

WFF Supporter
View attachment 279621 View attachment 279622 View attachment 279623 View attachment 279624

View attachment 279625

I went shopping and spent way more than I anticipated this morning with my wife then went fishing for a few hours. Today was excellent dry fly fishing. There were multiple hatches of bugs going off at the same time in various sizes.
Sounds like a fun fishing sesh! That 2nd fish looks like it may have the same condition as the one from the other day. Black Spot Disease? That is abnormal spotting on the fins especially, IMHO.

SinglehandJay

Misanthropist
Sounds like a fun fishing sesh! That 2nd fish looks like it may have the same condition as the one from the other day. Black Spot Disease? That is abnormal spotting on the fins especially, IMHO.
It is weird, all the others have medium to large sized spots. The one with the purple cheeks was a first too for this river

noparking

Weather sucks but thankfully work is mellow. Was out checking on how accurate my weather forecast was for the day when a buddy texted me a screen capture catching me out working. The little truck, not the big truck. CB49BBC0-5490-40D4-9D6E-950AA4DACCF0.png
Managed on getting out after work for a few hours a couple days ago and caught a few.
7FF5F539-B37B-4854-A131-AC0A7300E839.jpeg

Merle

Weather here has been pure shit. April is always tough but this year feels worse. Cold and windy the next few days so gonna post up on the vice and burn through a bunch of new material I recently purchased.

Hopefully some of you are doing something cool.
Doing the same here. Have a trip to HI planned in two weeks if we can get the testing pulled off in the narrow window so am filling the Hawaii fly box

Attachments

• B8B43C49-87E3-47CB-A9CB-4D285D5F629D.jpeg
    B8B43C49-87E3-47CB-A9CB-4D285D5F629D.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • DB93B3DD-9802-49E8-BA51-79E8E17AB4FF.jpeg
    DB93B3DD-9802-49E8-BA51-79E8E17AB4FF.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 19
  • 80B3E054-FE8F-4840-9B71-75DB1BD3BE59.jpeg
    80B3E054-FE8F-4840-9B71-75DB1BD3BE59.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 19

Swimmy

Practice your craft.
WFF Supporter
My weekend haul

001(74).jpg

Nick Clayton

WFF Supporter
Yesterday I had the joy of taking a family of 4, including a young man age 11 and a young woman age 9 out on the ocean. Helping and watching those kids catch lingcod and rockfish was just a treat.

Today, among my crew, was a gentleman around my age who has stage 4 cancer. A FB fishing group donated to buy him a trip as he'd never fished the saltwater and it was a bucket list item. Such a great guy and he enjoyed catching fish every bit as much of those kids, including the biggest lingcod of the day.

Really fun weekend, and between both experiences a great reminder of why fishing is so awesome. We need more innocent kid laughter as they catch fish with their family and the pure joy of someone living in the moment in this crazy world we are living in. My job definitely didn't feel like a job the last two days.

Last edited:

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
Yesterday I had the joy of taking a family if 4, including a young man age 11 and a young woman age 9 out on the ocean. Helping and watching those kids catch lingcod and rockfish was just a treat.

Today, among my crew, was a gentleman around my age who has stage 4 cancer. A FB fishing group donated to buy him a trip as he'd never fished the saltwater and it was a bucket list item. Such a great guy and he enjoyed catching fish every bit as much of those kids, including the biggest lingcod of the day.

Really fun weekend, and between both experiences a great reminder of why fishing is so awesome. We need more innocent kid laughter as they catch fish with their family and the pure joy of someone living in the moment in this crazy world we are living in. My job definitely didn't feel like a job the last two days.
Man, that is so damn awesome!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts