SOLD Triump 170cc fly-fishing machine

Rob Ast

I have significantly reduced the amount I have fished the last 2 years. As such I have decided to sell my Triumph 170cc. This is the same model Nick Clayton guides out of, and a few other members have other Triumph 17' variants. These boats are unique in that they are roto-molded plastic similar to a big kayak. Low maintenance, light to tow, economical to run. Bench seat with moveable back that can be turned into a lean bar. Large marine cooler under seat, lots of storage. Drier, smoother ride than a similar size Boston Whaler. This is a 2011 hull with 2011 Yamaha F70. Engine was just fully serviced by Defiance Marine in Bremerton with new thermostat, anodes, and water pump. Includes 7" chart plotter, marine radio. Great fly-fishing platform for 1-3 individuals. Bimini top and full compliment of cushions make it fun for family cruising as well. Asking $12,500, will consider reasonable offers. Listed here for 1 week prior to moving to Craigslist.

97C2C70B-3059-492C-B0CE-5FD6F48745B9.jpeg 903AC62C-D37D-4815-B226-A128199AC6BB.jpeg 3A46B83B-33D7-4436-B9C6-62B11B51734B.jpeg

NRC

WFF Premium
Man, why couldn’t you have thrown that in with the bundle of tying materials I bought off you a while back? ;)

dp

~El Pescador
hmmmm. how would it do in rivers? and rocky shores?
where can it be viewed?

Rob Ast

@dp boat not so great for rivers. Fine for rocky shores (much better than fiberglass). Boat is on Bainbridge, willing to tow to any west-side launch for anyone with serious interest.

Nick Clayton

WFF Premium
Take a look at the used boat market right now. This is a solid deal on a fantastic boat.

As mentioned, I guide out of this exact boat. It can fish in any shallow water you can find, doesn't mind being drug up on the beach one bit, handles wind chop amazingly well, low maintenance, light....I could go on and on.

This is truly an incredibly capable boat and fishing platform. Any buyer will not be disappointed, and I know Rob has taken good care of it.

Someone needs to jump on this asap.

Coho

Hi - Late comer to the thread. @Rob Ast and @Nick Clayton

Can you fish 3 out of that boat? For example, Captain and two guys casting?

Is that enough boat for Puget Sound (resident silvers and migratory coho)

Would you take it to Neah Bay, if you stuck to the kelp beds and stayed close to the launch?

Sorry I missed your boat, it sounded great. Researching similar boats.

Appreciate any insight.

Nick Clayton

WFF Premium
Hi - Late comer to the thread. @Rob Ast and @Nick Clayton

Can you fish 3 out of that boat? For example, Captain and two guys casting?

Is that enough boat for Puget Sound (resident silvers and migratory coho)

Would you take it to Neah Bay, if you stuck to the kelp beds and stayed close to the launch?

Sorry I missed your boat, it sounded great. Researching similar boats.

Appreciate any insight.

3 is no problem. I have used mine to guide fly fishers in the sound for the last few years. Myself and 2 fly casters is no issue. I've fished mine all over Puget Sound, and had it in some pretty nasty water. For a 17' boat it handles it mighty well.

I've never personally taken it to Neah. With experience, and watching the weather closely it could definitely be done, even if it isn't the ideal boat for it. If you're looking for a boat to do a lot of Neah stuff as well as the sound I'd probably look for something a bit larger. If you're looking for a sound boat that could do the occasional trip to Neah on the right day, then this could be fine.

There's a good possibility mine might be going up for sale in the very near future.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts