How often do you tie?

Kirk Singleton

Capt Kirk
I have been tying at least a dozen a day for at least a year now. I do my work on speaker phone and tie away! I am pretty much stocked up now for my Washington, Idaho and Montana boxes are pretty full right now!

Bmuir1616

Every day; even if it’s just one fly, which it often is, I like to keep the tying muscles from atrophying. I really hate tying anything in multiples any more (there are some exceptions) so I’ll mix things up, or at least do variations on patterns to keep things fresh.

Regards,
Scott
Scott: This is how I tie. I thought I was doing something wrong! LOL
Good to know I’m not too weird. Thanks, Bill Muir

Steve Saville

WFF Supporter
I tie as needed. Just finished up a dozen or so for a trip to the Deschutes next month but I find that after that many of the same or similar pattern becomes tedious so I usually tie only three of any fly. I did tie a boatload of bonefish flies when I went to Christmas Island, knowing that there were none available there. I came back with flies after leaving most with my guide.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts