Something different

cdnred

@Old Man, age is only as number. Keep at it. you're an inspiration to all of us. Nice to hear that you'll be heading out again and best of luck to you, the fish better be on the alert that you're coming..

jcp

I'm going to mention fishing in this thread so I don't need to NFR this post.

This has to do with age. How many people on here are older than I am and still try to fish. I'm 86 and got my money for trips set aside for gas. I'm sticking 400 bucks aside for my 4 or 5 100 miles plus trips. Fishing close to home won't take much for gas. I have two or three places close to home that I have checked out. Might be good or might be bad. But it's called getting the hell away from home. I'm going to go and play with my Fly gear tomorrow to see how they weathered the winter here. Buying my License next month for Montana. I'm kind of really getting antsy to get out again. Last year I made it out about 2 times and didn't even see a fish. Things have to change or I will explode.
I have been following your posts for a long time . Always enjoy your posts. I am 79 years and my fishing buddy is 89 years, we have been four fishing together since 1978. We have made 2 week trips to Montana and Idaho more than 40 years. We have fished more than 40 rivers in Montana and 30 rivers in Idaho and 2 trips to New Zealand as well as trips to Alberta , British Columbia , and Wyoming. We still are planning our yearly to Montana and Idaho this year. I have a Home on Long Lake in Okanogan County which acts as home base for our east side trips. Hope both of us will continue to enjoy this wonderful sport. Also hope you continue to get out to your favorite spots.

High&NeverDry

OMJ, If my grandmother could skydive for her 86th birthday, you can certainly kick some fishes ass! some of my best days fishing have been nothing more than sitting in a chair watching the river....even fly fishing we miss so much of the beauty around us. Too busy looking down instead of around....Enjoy your time out there, whatever it is you do or catch!! Its a blessing just to be one of the few who " get it ".

D C Brenna

I'm going to mention fishing in this thread so I don't need to NFR this post.

This has to do with age. How many people on here are older than I am and still try to fish. I'm 86 and got my money for trips set aside for gas. I'm sticking 400 bucks aside for my 4 or 5 100 miles plus trips. Fishing close to home won't take much for gas. I have two or three places close to home that I have checked out. Might be good or might be bad. But it's called getting the hell away from home. I'm going to go and play with my Fly gear tomorrow to see how they weathered the winter here. Buying my License next month for Montana. I'm kind of really getting antsy to get out again. Last year I made it out about 2 times and didn't even see a fish. Things have to change or I will explode.
I relate to your concern. I think about all the waters I’ve fished in a lifetime and now have to mentally assess wade-ability, distance to drive, current speed and other factors given my age (72) and physical challenges. God bless you and tight lines!

David Loy

Senior Moment
Jim
Pretty sure I can speak for most all of us here, I’d love little more than to share a campfire with you sometime. Like it or not, you have become an inspiration. Whoda thunkit right? Maybe we should think on that. I love a good drive, and for no good reason have dodged Montana. Maybe sometime in the Fall we could muster a gathering?

Jojo

A sometimes eternal optimist
WFF Supporter
Dammit OMJ, i wish you lived near me. I really do. You are the same age as my dad. He has never fished ... but he’s a sharp like you are and i like being around him. And i would like being around you.

You like to fish like i do. If i lived near you i would fish more because you could navigate us to your famous skinny waters (my favorite kind of fishing) and i would drive. I no longer want to fish for hours and hours . And like you i hate putting on waders. I would rather wet wade or fish from a chair or if on a lake a dock. Sometimes a float tube, but a dock is more to my liking lately.

creekx

Director of Stoke
Dammit OMJ, i wish you lived near me. I really do. You are the same age as my dad. He has never fished ... but he’s a sharp like you are and i like being around him. And i would like being around you.

You like to fish like i do. If i lived near you i would fish more because you could navigate us to your famous skinny waters (my favorite kind of fishing) and i would drive. I no longer want to fish for hours and hours . And like you i hate putting on waders. I would rather wet wade or fish from a chair or if on a lake a dock. Sometimes a float tube, but a dock is more to my liking lately.
You drink beer, OMJ?

1616770306166.png

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I'll drink Beer if there is nothing else to drink. But I prefer Jim Beam over beer. I got a bottle of 1792 Kentucky Whiskey, from my Granddaughter this last Christmas and boy is that ever smooooooth.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts