NFR Reporting a GOOD deed someone did for me today in rural parking spot

Gyrfalcon21

Honoring Vets
We have plenty of stories-endless it seems, of people breaking into cars, stealing stuff, being shot at, etc.

GOOD NEWS ! Today, the opposite. I was the recipient a very good deed done by a stranger I will never know. My first trip to a park or refuge this Spring season with my beater trailhead/fishing car. It needed to have a good run so I drove it about 40 miles to a little park I have never been to. I loaded up and went for about a 45 minute walk and came back to my car to see I had left my wallet on the dash..with easily seen money corners sticking out. My car was the first car by the walk in so it was easily seen on dash. It sits low and the wallet is rough looking. No one could miss it.

Here is the fun part of this. The person had to a have seen the wallet and also noticed my door was unlocked so they simply locked the door for me. How do I know this? Because I do not have a key for the doors, I always always leave a door unlocked. My $160 cash was still in my wallet I would later find out !

I did have to call AAA and wait a bit over an hour for a lock out, but it was well worth it. I got away cheap I think.

There are still good people out there watching out for others. I'll send a thanks to the hero today. Thank you !

Last edited:

Gyrfalcon21

Honoring Vets
This is a really great story. But i have to ask....did the person at least hide your wallet so it wasn’t in plain view?
I know it seems odd they did not put on seat, but I thought about it, I would not have laid fingerprint to wallet myself. Locking the door I would do for someone. I never ever lock the door so I am sure someone did.

Trail and area is small good chance someone would return to vehicle in short time. I know, I watched people for an hour : )

Most people gone for 20 minutes, tops!

BC33

That's awesome!

But how the hell do u leave ur wallet on the dash, with money sticking out, and no way to lock the doors?! C'mon man!

Gyrfalcon21

Honoring Vets
That's awesome!

But how the hell do u leave ur wallet on the dash, with money sticking out, and no way to lock the doors?! C'mon man!
I know. Only thing dumber would have been to leave the car running while I was gone.

My normal 4 point check is now going to be a 10 point check.

Greg Price

Love da little fishies
Glad it all went well. I was recipient of another fly fisher kindness last October. He found my lost wallet in Eastern WA and mailed it to me

cdnred

How true after reading all these stories of cars getting broken into with windows getting smashed in, it's refreshing to hear a story like this. Not everyone out there is bad..

Jim Ficklin

Genuine Montana Fossil
Only thing dumber would have been to leave the car running while I was gone.
That is a truly refreshing occurence, Falcon. I had a radiator leak when I was in HS. I dumped a can of Stop Leak into the radiator & let the engine run during 1st period so the leak would seal. I think most everyone in school told me "Hey, you left your car running," lol.

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
This car running made me think about cars and trucks here in Montana. I've seen people get out out of their cars at a store and leave their cars running. I asked a guide why they did this. To keep it warm inside was his answer. I told him if he was in Washington state his car would be gone when he came back to it. They seem to do that often here.

Was fishing in Munroe one winter day and somebody started up their car to get it warm. But some guy walking down the street Stole it.

Olive bugger

We have plenty of stories-endless it seems, of people breaking into cars, stealing stuff, shot at,etc.

GOOD NEWS ! Today, the opposite. I was the recipient a very good deed done by a stranger I will never know. My first trip to a park or refuge this Spring season with my beater trailhead/fishing car. It needed to have a good run so I drove it about 40 miles to a little park I have never been to. I loaded up and went for about a 45 minute walk and came back to my car to see I had left my wallet on the dash..with easily seen money corners sticking out. My car was the first car by the walk in so it was easily seen on dash. It sits low and the wallet is rough looking. No one could miss it.

Here is the fun part of this. The person had to a have seen the wallet and also noticed my door was unlocked so they simply locked the door for me. How do I know this? Because I do not have a key for the doors, I always always leave a door unlocked. My $160 cash was still in my wallet I would later find out !

I did have to call AAA and wait a bit over an hour for a lock out, but it was well worth it. I got away cheap I think.

There are still good people out there watching out for others. I'll send a thanks to the hero today. Thank you !
The world is full of good and honest people. We seldom hear about them. Thanks for posting your experience. It restores faith in my fellow mankind.

Last edited:

Charles Sullivan

This car running made me think about cars and trucks here in Montana. I've seen people get out out of their cars at a store and leave their cars running. I asked a guide why they did this. To keep it warm inside was his answer. I told him if he was in Washington state his car would be gone when he came back to it. They seem to do that often here.

Was fishing in Munroe one winter day and somebody started up their car to get it warm. But some guy walking down the street Stole it.
My good friend had a truck and a skidder stolen from his ranch. Plenty of theft per capita in Mt. Just a lot less people and a lot more road to drive to get anywhere with a stolen vehicle.

Go Sox,
cds

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I came across a guy that was camping on Blacktail Deer Creek and he had his whole camp stolen. That's just wrong.

Yard Sale

Huge Member

I can remove the keys from my truck with it running so I can lock it and leave it running.

Great story Falcon!

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts