Outcast float tube cruser or similar

Denny W

Anyone bought a float tube like the outcast cruser that is a fish cat 4 with oars. Caddis also has one. I am curious as to how easily they row

Old Man

A very Old Man
WFF Supporter
I was looking at them also. I'm getting to old to wade fish skinny water any more and lakes sound just about right.

Clarkman

Huge Fly Guy
WFF Supporter
it's tough when you don't have anything to brace your feet against. I've tried it every now and then (still do on occasion when it's really windy and I just need to reposition faster) while fishing out of my Commander, just leaving my feet in the water. Buuuut, it's still faster than just foot power alone.

Haggis57

it's tough when you don't have anything to brace your feet against. I've tried it every now and then (still do on occasion when it's really windy and I just need to reposition faster) while fishing out of my Commander, just leaving my feet in the water. Buuuut, it's still faster than just foot power alone.
I've had the same experience with my Fish Cat Scout. I've used the oars while kicking and it is certainly better that kicking without the oars. You have to get used to using shorter strokes with the shorter oars but they are surprisingly effective.

Ken

Phil Fravel

Friendly
I’ve never owned one of those boats in particular. When looking at them I don’t realy see any advantage to them. I have a water strider. They are similar to a Water master. Like stated before you can kick and row but with your feet in the water there is just too much drag. Along with that oars are just one more thing that your line gets caught on and wrapped around.

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts