Springbrook trout farm

Jesseg122

Anyone have any two cents about the spring brook trout farm in Renton? I want to take my stepson (6) fishing for the first time but I'm worried that with his autism, that he won't have the patience for a regular trout pond so my thinking was maybe take him to Springbrook where it's more of an instant satisfaction of catching a fish and maybe it will spark an interest. He wants to fish but again I don't think he will have the patience for it... just yet. Would this be a good idea for a first time kid? I only ask because I never had this issue as a kid but I want to give him every chance

Last edited:

Merle

Anyone have any two cents about the spring brook trout farm in Renton? I want to take my son (6) fishing for the first time but I'm worried that with his autism, that he won't have the patience for a regular trout pond so my thinking was maybe take him to Springbrook where it's more of an instant satisfaction of catching a fish and maybe it will spark an interest. He wants to fish but again I don't think he will have the patience for it... just yet. Would this be a good idea for a first time kid? I only ask because I never had this issue as a kid but I want to give him every chance
I fished there with my Dad a couple times in the mid to late 1970’s. Nice to know they’re still in operation. That’s the place on Petrovitsky Road, right?

As I remember there wasn’t much patience needed; toss a salmon egg in and the trout would immediately descend on it and one would climb on. Perfect for a little kid with a short attention span!

There were 3 cascading ponds as I recall, each with progressively bigger fish. The 3rd pond had the big ones and my Dad pulled me back from that one because you paid by the inch and the big lunkers were pretty pricey. We fished the middle pond and the fish were probably in the 10-12 inch range.

I say do it and have fun!

Andy

Jesseg122

I fished there with my Dad a couple times in the mid to late 1970’s. Nice to know they’re still in operation. That’s the place on Petrovitsky Road, right?

As I remember there wasn’t much patience needed; toss a salmon egg in and the trout would immediately descend on it and one would climb on. Perfect for a little kid with a short attention span!

There were 3 cascading ponds as I recall, each with progressively bigger fish. The 3rd pond had the big ones and my Dad pulled me back from that one because you paid by the inch and the big lunkers were pretty pricey. We fished the middle pond and the fish were probably in the 10-12 inch range.

I say do it and have fun!

Andy
Yea there website says they have several ponds and they do birthday parties, weddings, and even just for people that just want to chill and read a book. Only charge you for the fish. Its just hard cause there's not many trout farms near me(everett) and the only other one I can find has so many strict rules that it doesn't seem Fun to me. Springbrook on the other hand looks fun and inviting

Support WFF | Remove the Ads

Support WFF by upgrading your account. Site supporters benefits include no ads and access to some additional features, few now, more in the works. Info

Latest posts